KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

My Beko 5kg A+A class 1000rpm washing machine will not drain

Customer Question

My Beko 5kg A+A class 1000rpm washing machine will not drain water or spin. The load I washed last night was still very wet this morning so reclosed the door and set to spin & drain. The ready light comes on but when I press start it goes off and the wash and spin & drain ones are lit up for a second then only wash remains on. Water is being added to the drum during this period although I can occasionally hear it draining under the sink. The drum isn't moving at all and I cannot open the door to take the washing out.
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

Hi, welcome to Just answer

Customer:

Please tell me its complete model number

Customer:

and the age of this washer ?

JACUSTOMER-0mgubysm- :

WM5100W

JACUSTOMER-0mgubysm- :

It is approximately 3 years old.

Customer:

OK

Customer:

have you already tried to clean the drain pump assembly ?

JACUSTOMER-0mgubysm- :

I'm sorry but I don't know where or what that is. I have cleaned the filter at the bottom.

Customer:

OK

JACUSTOMER-0mgubysm- :

any ideas?

Customer:

Please check if you get any error code...set the washer to 90 deg program and turn the washer off. After this is done press and hold the start button and then turn the machine on. Keep holding the start button till the start light keeps flashing. Then the bottom 3 lights will light or start flashing... please let me know if it is flashing or not. Now press the start button three times again and the drum will turn in one direction, press the start button once it will turn in other direction...press it again and it should start spinning...let me know if all this happens. After all this is done turn the machine off to exit the test mode.

Customer:

sorry was writing this

Customer:

please let me know how it goes

Customer:

another thing that you can do is just pull the washer out and clean the drain pump assembly completely

JACUSTOMER-0mgubysm- :

where is it?

Customer:

right behind the filter

Customer:

but if you follow those instructions we will know what exact is causing this

JACUSTOMER-0mgubysm- :

Do I get to it from the back of the washing machine?

Customer:

Sorry for late response, please check this Video if you want to clean it yourself