KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

My Jetstream Progress washer/dryer ZWD1271W stops working after

My Jetstream Progress washer/dryer ZWD1271W stops working after the initial fill of water & after approx 1 turn of the drum. The timer stays at the full time & the display light is flashing. I emptied it out, drained the water out & restarted the machine but exactly the same thing happened. It's not on a delayed time either.
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 3 years ago.
KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

how old is it ?

Customer:

Approx 6 years old I think

Customer:

Are you still there?

KevinWhiteJA :

OK, Lets check if we can get any error code out of the unit...To do this turn the dial to any setting and let it light up...After this is done press and hold the start button and the button to the left. Keep them held in for several seconds then the led's will go out. Now the start light and the end light will be flashing. Please count the total number of flashes from each the start light and the end light between the pause and let me know.

Customer:

Don't really understand your answer as it doesn't have a dial. Do you mean to depress both the start button & the reset buttons? I did this before but all that happened was an error flashed up. I will go & do it again & get back to you.

Customer:

OK I pressed both the start/pause button & the reset together. E36 came up & the start button bleeped 3 times

KevinWhiteJA :

Yes what was the error

KevinWhiteJA :

OK

Customer:

E36

KevinWhiteJA :

E36 error code indicates Sensing circuit of anti-boiling pressure switch is faulty

Customer:

So what happens now?

KevinWhiteJA :

you will have to pull the washer out

Customer:

Then what?

KevinWhiteJA :

please wait

KevinWhiteJA :

checking its parts

KevinWhiteJA :

the problem is unfortunately with the main control board that will need replacement

KevinWhiteJA :

you can also check the wiring to and from the control to pressure switch

Customer:

Is it worth doing for a washing machine this old? Would it be cost effective?

KevinWhiteJA :

Full Size Image

KevinWhiteJA :

you can also check the small pipe connecting to part#12 in this image

KevinWhiteJA :

if it is the board it will cost around £110 for the part

Customer:

What is the pipe?

KevinWhiteJA :

part#12 is the pressure switch and the small hose connected to it should be clean

Customer:

It seems to me that if I get someone out they will be bound to say it's the board regardless?

KevinWhiteJA :

Yes because that is what error code indicates

Customer:

I thought you said it was the sensing circuit anti boiling thing that was wrong

KevinWhiteJA :

Yes anti boiling pressure switch is defective which further indicates the problem is with the main board...if you are willing to carry out this repair yourself then you will have to unplug the appliance and remove the small tube connecting to the pressure switch, after this check all the connections to the main board...this might solve the problem however, it might reappear after few months if the mother board is bad...