Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a ZNB38 NVC7 fridge feeezer (new in 2005 I think). The

I have a ZNB38 NVC7 fridge feeezer (new in 2005 I think). The freezer section is working fine but the fridge is not cold. What's likely to be the problem? There is no apparent ice build up on the cooling unit in the freezer. I can't see any ducts or vents between the freezer and the fridge so how is the fridge compartment cooled?
Thanks, David
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Can you get around the back of the unit and looking at the motor (compressor) tell me if it is running on Refrigerant R134a or R600a and can you also tell me if the motor is hot or luke warm? ~ once you have done this can you give me the product code also known as the pnc number which you will see on the rating label inside.

Customer:

OK Ian. I'll do that tomorrow.

Customer:

Thanks, David

Dales-Electronic :

OK no worries I'll be around ~ Ian

Customer:

However, if the freezer is fully cold presumably the compressor must be working.

Dales-Electronic :

Yes and if you have no vents and no build up of ice in the freezer it could be a shortage of refrigerant, but I just need to see the diagrams for it (which the pnc will give me) so that I know what type of system is in use ~ otherwise its just guessing and you're paying for good service not vague answers ~ Ian

Customer:

OK thanks.

Dales-Electronic :

Speak with you tomorrow

Customer:

Ian,

Customer:

The gas is R600a. The compressor is hot (but not too hot to put your hand on). The product number is *********

Customer:

Customer:

David

Dales-Electronic :

Hi David, could you kindly resend the product code with a # ***** this code, the system thinks you are trying to send me a phone number and is blanking it out ~ thanks Ian

Customer:

#925033322

Dales-Electronic :

Thanks just checking now ~

Dales-Electronic :

OK looking at the manual you have a fridge freezer with a conventional cooling system, from the information that you have given me I would suggest you have a shortage of refrigerant, in this type of system the priority cooling is always with the freezer area (usually more value stuff stored within) if you subsequently have a shortage of refrigerant all the cooling will go to the freezer whilst the fridge cooling is neglected. I would suggest you get a domestic appliance fridge engineer to come and have a look for you, make sure he is system trained and can using gauges tell you where your problem is. The only other area where you get the same symptom is with a compressor that is failing ~ would you now rate my service to allow me to close the call down on the system, this allows you to continue asking further questions if needed at no further cost to you. Many thanks ~ Ian

Experience: I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.