Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Hi I have got a candy grande GOC58F tumble drier - it powers

Customer Question

Hi I have got a candy grande GOC58F tumble drier - it powers up light flashes - but only hums heater at rear getting hot - did briefly start opened door to see if drum turns this was ok now will not run just hums
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Hi ~ the humming you can hear is the motor, either the start capacitor is faulty or the motor, can you confirm that you can turn the drum by hand if the door is open? ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-4erlnq3u- :

yes i can turn drum

Dales-Electronic :

OK can you find me the full model number which is on the rating plate likely in the door frame recess area as there are a number of versions of the 58F if you can also find the product code which will start with 311 that will also be helpful ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-4erlnq3u- :

3110036312351055 goc58f 80 tce01

JACUSTOMER-4erlnq3u- :

hi when humming back getting hot - now i have turned drum it now starts back is cold

Dales-Electronic :

OK how handy are you with a screwdriver?

JACUSTOMER-4erlnq3u- :

yes fix cars & have replaced belt on previous dryer

Dales-Electronic :

OK do you know what a heater looks like and also a motor capacitor?

JACUSTOMER-4erlnq3u- :

think so,would work it out or look it up on you tube - it is working at present when humming bck was getting very warm immediately now i have spun drum it has started back stayed cool drier working - but will no doubt happen again

Dales-Electronic :

If you can get at the motor in the bottom you will see a silver cylindrical thing with two wires coming out of the end bolted to the motor frame. Take this off, it has a bolt at the other end and take it to your local appliance shop and they will sell you a replacement, it will likely be around 8 micro farad ~ replace this and that should solve the motor fault, if it doesn't you are down for a new motor at £80+ . If you still have a problem after replacing the component come back to me but that's a 90% good to go solution, these capacitors are not available as a separate item from Candy you have to get the complete motor. Would you now kindly rate my service using the smiley faces which will allow us to continue our chat at no extra cost to you ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-4erlnq3u- :

i can do that no problem

Experience: I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
Thanks for that You can come back to me for advice anytime Steve at no extra cost. Have a good evening ~ Ian
The motor will get hot because since it cannot rotate, the windings start to heat up, as long as they are not left on too long you should be OK