Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

why was motor getting hot ?? can these capacitors intermittantly

Customer Question

why was motor getting hot ?? can these capacitors intermittantly work ??
many thanks Steve
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Steve ~ I left the answer to this question in the other question area but to reiterate, the start capacitor is like a battery, it is used to if you like jump start the motor, once running the fan on the end of the motor keeps it cool. However if the start cap fails not only does the motor not rotate but the windings start to warm up and because there is not rotation there is no cooling effect from the fan. As long as the motor has not been left on too long replacing the cap usually rectifies the problem and you will be in business. As you have already rated my service kindly just leave this section unrated and you will not incur further costs as mentioned in you previous question. ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-4erlnq3u- :

many thanks you have been very helpful i have signed up for a week free trial

Dales-Electronic :

No worries enjoy

Dales-Electronic :

.