Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have just replaced the grill element in my Electrolux Cooker

I have just replaced the grill element in my Electrolux Cooker (twin oven, part number ********* . There were only three wires attached to the four spades on the original grill element and I connected these to the new element in the same order. When I now switch on the grill the inner part of the element glows red after a couple of minutes, but the outer part of the element does not glow red. Should both glow red, or would the outer pare of the emelent not be expected to glow red? Thanks
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

This is quite normal, the inner element is the grill section (for grilling) whilst the outer is the oven element (for cooking) You have connected it correctly ~ would you now kindly rate my service to you, once you have done this you can ask any future questions at no extra cost. Thanks ~ Ian