Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

automatic bread maker model no:sd-ZB2502. recently the quality

automatic bread maker model no:sd-ZB2502. recently the quality of bread has deteriorated. I have been using an automatic panasonic braead maker for some ten years and replced it with the aforementiond model some 1 - 1 1/2 years ago.
Currently the bread is not rising and is 'heavy', a 50g white flour loaf is only rising to a height of 125 cm in the bread pan when cooked.I have checked that all the correct ingredient are being used and in the correct order and quantity.The one point that does not sound as usual is when the yeast is automaticlly added there are two or three verysharp bangs. Can you advise me of the remedy for my problem? Thank you.
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Michael :

hi

Michael :

do you notice if the warmer comes on when the mixing occurs? As it should

Michael :

That can cause this or bad yeast as well;-)

Michael :

I use one myself and love it as I'm a bread nut lol!

Michael :

Are you here?

Michael :

I will switch us to Q & A as Im not seeing any response from you

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
hi Molly,
The warmer helps the yeast rise the loaves but if the warmer isn't coming on that will cause this, but usually I find the issue is bad yeast is all;-)
I will stick with you until this is fixed, please don’t forget to rate my service to you before you close this page. I will be available to you at no additional cost , you can then get in touch with me anytime by simply replying to this message.
Thank you and have a great day Molly!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

MICHEAL,

I HAVENT NOTICED WHETHER THE WARMER COMES ON OR NOT

i KNOW THAT THE YEAST THAT i HAVE USED OVER THE LAST TEN YEARS HAS ALWAYS BEEN WELL WITHIN THE ' SELL BY' DATE.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi thanks Molly,
still I have gotten bad batches for some reason.
Please try a different brand as a test.
Also when the bread had mixed for at least ten minutes see if it feels a bit warm in the chamber.
Im pretty sure its the yeast at fault here though;-)
Seen it too many times.
Thank you and please rate favorably at this point, I will still be here for you, no additional cost in case you do need me further.
Thank Molly.
Tech Michael