Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

beko dishwasher w686 just over a year old. water not draining

beko dishwasher w686 just over a year old.
water not draining and standing in bottom of dishwasher.
filters all clear
took front bottom panel off and noticed water standing in base of dishwasher.
no blockage in drainage hose
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 3 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

OK a couple of things here, clean out the water from the bottom panel and put it all back together, then see if it will now work ~ what you are looking for is firstly the pump running and pumping water down the drain followed by it starting to fill. Once this happens come back to me

Customer:

I've tipped the dishwasher to get the water out from the bottom panel but there is still some inside where the filter goes. How do I know whether the pump is running?

Dales-Electronic :

You will be able to hear it once you have set the program and started the appliance. The first thing it does is pump out for a short while and then start filling

Dales-Electronic :

OK I have to head out for a short while to fix a cooker, will be back around 6ish and will continue our conversation ~ Ian

Customer:

i won't be home til about 8.

Dales-Electronic :

OK that is fine ping me on here when you get in ~ Ian

Customer:

running very late. is it better to do this tomorrow afternoon?

Dales-Electronic :

Whichever suits you I have no problem tomorrow if its better for you

Customer:

before I plumb it back in again-...if there is water sitting at th bottom of the unit where all the pump and wires are, doesn't that mean it has a leak?

Dales-Electronic :

This is what I am trying to establish, did you have a leak or not, so clean out all the water in the base, reconnect up to the supplies but having taken the sides off start it up on a program and with a torch watch for a leak, if you find it then you have found your fault if not and which sometimes happens if the door gets opened mid cycle water can run into the base.

Customer:

Very strange!!! All now works fine and no leaks???? What could it have been?

Dales-Electronic :

As I said before, if the door is open during the wash cycle with the spray bars running water tends to drop into the base, there is a flood protection device in the bottom to protect the electric motor heater etc and this would shut the system down before you did any damage, the other thing is it may have only dripped afew drops every wash and its taken a year to fill the base. Whichever, just keep an eye on it, the tell tale sign of a flooded base fault is that the pump runs all the time and there is no water in the sump and it wont fill. Would you now kindly rate my service so that I can shut the job down, once this is done you can come back to me at any time for further info free of charge. Have a great evening ~ Ian