Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I,ve got a Samsung fridge freezer pipework inside frozen up

Customer Question

I,ve got a Samsung fridge freezer pipework inside frozen up and its only cold at the bottom of the fridge freezer is ok any ideas? thanks
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Can you give me the full model number which will start with an R or S and end /XEU ~ I have to go out for a short while but will come back to you on my return around 6ish ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-5xav65h6- :

hi ian model number isRS21DCNS1/XEU

JACUSTOMER-5xav65h6- :

Am going out myself now so can you email me at *****@******.*** thanks

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi ian still waiting for your email re.fridge freezer

OK here we go can you see where the digital display shows the temperatures?

When you get back in ping me and I'll take you through the fault finding procedure ~ Ian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi ian am back ready to go through fault finding procedure

On the display in the door press the two top buttons, the top left and the top

right hold them in, the display will go blank and then part of the temperature display will light up indicating if you have a fault or not, I need to know which segment of the 8 lights up and which cabinet it refers to ie if the fridge side lights up I need you to tell me something like, the bottom right vertical segment is lit up

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

have done what you said but the whole of the digital display lit up not just part of it

No just press in the two top buttons and hold them in, the display will start to flash and then go blank and then the fault code digits will appear for you to read off

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi ian tried again no digits lit up but two little green lines under where it says fridge temp lit up thanks

OK this job is going to take about an hour ~ have you got a wallpaper steamer/stripper at home?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi ian no mate I haven't got a wallpaper steamer.

OK I need you to go and buy or borrow one it will only cost you about £10-15 but will save you a great deal more if you break the part we are trying to remove. it needs to be the type that has a tank, hose and a flat plate that you push against the wallpaper, this flat plate must be removable from the hose. Once you have got one ping me on here and we will get to the job
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thanks as soon as I,m sorted with one I,ll get back to you prob be next week now.

OK no worries, if we end up breaking the part in haste we'd both be p'd off so best to do it right first time ~ speak to you when your tooled up ~Ian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi ian how ya doing anyway although not got wallpaper stripper have got a steam mop would this do the job if not I,ll buy a stripper today thanks

No you will need a wallpaper stripper with the hose, I will need you to take off the wall plate and use the hose end as a steam jet # *****

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi ian have now got a wallpaper stripper with removable hose as you advised so I await your next instruction thanks

Ok are we good to go, I need you to take the wall plate off and connect it up to the mains electric and switch it on

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yeh have done that unit is heating up.

OK remove all the shelves in the fridge compartment

OK down the back you will see the light diffuser, remove the screw at the top and gently pull this off working from top to bottom, be careful this can crack quite easily and is clipped into the light housing behind

Send me your telephone number preceded by a # ***** I'll talk you thro this otherwise it will take all day ~ Ian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi ian my number is ***** 544696 thanks or mobile number is#07468585783

OK which is nearer the appliance ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi ian think all ice is gone did u say remove screws holding in back plate?

Yes that is right, you should be up and running once you have put it all back together and noted the points I mentioned about replacement parts for the future. Ian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi ian thanks for your help yesterday put everything back together ok but can't hear fan so think it must b that that's gone as fridge is still cold at bottom but warmer at top fridge temp showing as 5 have to prob get an engineer out to have a look thanks again

Before you do, just check that you have reconnected it behind the evaporator cover and see if you can spin it with your fingers to confirm that it is not jammed with ice. If you need a cover kit give me a bell and I'll source one for you # *****