George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

how do you remove the filter at the bottom of the machine to

Customer Question

how do you remove the filter at the bottom of the machine to clean it. I actually have a plumber here and he cannot manage it. The model is L87680FL
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting your responses as I am not constantly available.

Can you let me know the PNC or Product Code from inside the door, as there are 14 different versions of this appliance

JACUSTOMER-cofj94o6- :

it is ********* 00, would appreciate it as i've had a handy man here for an hour on the floor, he's managed to unscrew it but it just wont release.

George-Allsorts :

Can you give that number again but omit any spaces and put a # ***** the numbers

George-Allsorts :

Until now, the loading circuit was drained as described below:

For some machines it is necessary to disconnect the drain pipe from the back panel, positioning it as low
down as possible to drain any remaining water from the inside of the drain circuit.

In other machines, there is a small hatch at the bottom of the front panel, from which it is possible to access
the filter dial. Close to this is a small pipe that can be used to drain the water, after the plug has been
removed from it.

For machines manufactured with the new filter dial: open the flap at the bottom of the front panel. The filter
knob is as shown in Fig. 1.

To drain the water, simply:
Press the two tabs that secure the closing lever to the plug
Simultaneously extract the top part of the lever
Arrange the closing lever.

George-Allsorts :

I can get the service manual to you if I have that number

JACUSTOMER-cofj94o6- :

#914531226/00

George-Allsorts :

Got it.. One moment please

George-Allsorts :

The filter cover will also jam shut if it gets something stuck in it... To deal with that if it is the problem you need to take off the hose at the side...

George-Allsorts :

Service manual is on its way in a few minutes#

George-Allsorts :

Look at page 47

JACUSTOMER-cofj94o6- :

I think I might cry.... the bloke is coming tomorrow with his brother-in-law, lets hope they can fix it with the help of the service manual!!!! In meantime thanks for help.

George-Allsorts :

What postcode are you in?

George-Allsorts :

You could also try Find An Engineer to get a local Appliance Technician in your area

JACUSTOMER-cofj94o6- :

kt112se

George-Allsorts :

Here are a few numbers in-case you find the urgency

Serac Engineering
Croydon
Phone: 0844(###) ###-####br/>___________________________________

R & J Domestics
Hounslow
Phone: 0208(###) ###-####br/>___________________________________

F & M Services
West Drayton
Phone: 01895 441917
___________________________________

Astrid Technologies LTD.
London
Phone:(###) ###-####8300

George-Allsorts :

Keep them by the appliance for future need

JACUSTOMER-cofj94o6- :

Thanks for your help. If Tom and his brother-in-law cant fix it tomorrow I will get in touch with one of them.

George-Allsorts :

Just in-case you need me, I have sent you an additional service request... with this you can get my telephone number and call me to discuss the problem further