Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

how do I replace a washing machine door (ENR: WM16S383GB/2

Customer Question

how do I replace a washing machine door (ENR: WM16S383GB/23)?
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Im not sure why you want to unscrew the door?

Is this that you cant open the door?

If so, is there water in the machine now?
DDoes the handle feel loose and floppy?

Are you able to pull the machine out and remove the lid?

Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The door won't open - the auto-unlock function has stopped working. On the advice of the manufacturer I've drained the machine (there wasn't much water in it) via the maintenance hatch, and then tried to pull the red emergency tag to unlock the door, but the tag just came off. So i have no way of opening the door, and yes the handle feels a bit loose. Someone else used the machine earlier today, there is washing in it, and I think they may have tried to force the door, and maybe broken it. I would like to get the door off so that i can get my washing out (there are delicates in there that will shrink etc), and fit a new door if that's what it needs.

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi Charlotte
OK, thanks

You cant unscrew the door as the screws are inside !!

Can you pull the machine out and take the lid off?

Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes i can pull the machine out, the screws to take the lid off are too tight for me to unscrew, so my husband will do that when he gets home in about half an hour. What does he need to do then?

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi Charlotte

Great !

Ok,
It sounds like the handle has broken.
Disconnect from the mains
Remove the lid and lean the machine back at 45 degrees
Look inside towards the door lock
You’ll see the latch sticking through the lock
Slide this across and the door will open
If the handle is broken, take photographs before you dismantle it to replace it, they are notoriously difficult to re assemble without a picture

In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my responses so far? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
This will not close your question and you can still come back to me if you need more help
Rob

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Rob, its Andrew Charlottes husband.

I have taken off the lid but all I can see is a white plastic box. I can't see any latch. I attach a picture of what I am looking at.

Any ideas?

Andrew

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Dear Charlotte and Andrew

That is the lock.
Some of these have a plasic cover on them, which covers the latch.

You will need to prise this off to be able to get to the latch

If the worst happens, and you break the lock, you will have to replace this. You may well find, once the door is open, that the latch is OK and it was the lock that was faulty all along

Please dont forget to rate as this is the only way I get credit for spending my time helping you with this.
This does NOTcost you more money, or close you question

Rob
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hows it going, have you got it open?

If so, please dont forget to rate as this is the only way I get credit for spending my time helping you with this. This will NOT close your question or cost you more

Rob