Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Hi my beko washing machine was really making a banging noise when spinning this morning, t

Customer Question

Hi my beko washing machine was really making a banging noise when spinning this morning, then looking at the washing it was soaking.There was water and soap left in machine when opened the door. I have cleaned filter which was full of wool and a small piece of plastic. Now I have put the filter back there is a noise coming from the filter when machine on. Any ideas?
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Can you post the model number please.

Also if you turn the drum by hand is it noisy?
And hold the metal drum at the bottom at the front and can you lift it up and down a bit?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It is beko WM6355W?

6KG A +AA Class 1500rpm

It won't lift up and down at the front, no I don't think it is noisy, you can hear I am turning it, but what should it sound like?

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
It should sound quiteish not like a rumble or a train.

When it makes the noise is the drum turning?

And is the noise from the filter area still?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes sounds quiet

The drum turns fine there isn't really a noise

The noise from the filter area is when I switch machine on

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Ok im with you know.

What you need to do is remove the filter again at the bottom and look inside the chamber were the filter goes and at the back in there you will see the pump impeller X shape. Check theres nothing in there catching the impeller.

But if thats all clear then its going to be the pump at fault. Ive replaced loads of pumps on these for going noisy so its not uncommon for them to go like this.

In this case you need to replace the pump and that will cure it.
To replace the pump you need to pull the washer out and lean it backwards.
Remove the plastic trim on the front at the bottom.
Then remove the screws holding the pump on which you will see and it will drop down.
Then you can remove the hoses and the wiring block and swap it over to the new pump and refit that.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you. There is nothing stuck in the X part I don't think. There was a lot stuck in the filter though.

Do you mean the pump is at the front of the machine?

I have taken the front panel off to do filter, but do you mean I need to unscrew the panel behind that?

Will this advice also go to my e mail?

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
The filter is all part of the pump. So when you get a new pump it will come complete.

So yes remove the plastic trim were the filter is and you can see the screws around there holding the pump on.

And yes you will get an email every time i reply to you so you can always get back to me from there.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok Thank you very much.

I may have to get someone to fir this for me as it sounds complicated.

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
No worries fingers crossed you will sort it.