Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

The hotplate of my Bosch oven (HLN658250 FD No 8905) shows

The hotplate of my Bosch oven (HLN658250 B FD No 8905) shows a permenent childproof lock sign. I cannot get rid of this and my hob is totally out of use. I have tried to follow the deactivate this lock but it is impossible to do what the user book suggests. can you help please /? i am half way through preparing a meal for 20 people!
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Ok it sounds like you have the temporary lock turned on.

Try this and see if it turns it off.
Press and hold the main on/off switch for several seconds and that should take the lock off from there.

Try that and let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The main switch turned on flashing E for all hotplates. I touched a field to stop this after several minutes, the childproof lock disappeared, but immediately I tried to use a hotplate, the childrproof lock sign has come back and I still cant turn on any hotplate.

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Ok so with the hob turned on when you press the main switch on and hold it for about 7 seconds does - appear on all of the hot plates at all?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No nothing appears except the childproof sign. all the hotplates are dead.

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Ok if pressing the hob power on button isnt turning the child lock off then it can only be the control board in the hob at fault. As pressing the mains on button and holding it in should turn the child lock off as its not doing it then it can only really be the board at fault as there isnt any other way to do it.

As theres 2 types of locks on this hob perment or temporary lock which do deactivate both its a case of holding the mains button on for several seconds.

Not sure if you have tryed it but turn the power off to the cooker for about 5 mins then turn it back on and retry it again and see what happens.

But if it will just not turn off then its looking like a faulty control board in the hob at fault im afraid.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for trying. I think I shall have to contact my local engineer as it would seem that my hob will have to be either repaired or replaced. I appreciate your effort. Sorry about the outcome.