Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

we have a de dietrich DT1749 induction hob,we have two problems,

Customer Question

we have a de dietrich DT1749 induction hob,we have two problems, the two zones on the right will not com on when we press the touchpad. the other problem is the 28cm zone in the center comes on and heats up for a minut or so then switches off, if you could help that would be great thank you, hubert.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Hi Hubert, This is almost sure to be a power board fault, the system works by having two power boards, one controls the left hand side the other the right, one moment whilst I pull up the diagrams.

JACUSTOMER-ii3ehnry- :

I am wating for your reply

Dales-Electronic :

OK I have just been checking the specifications for you, your appliance comes with three power boards, the two zones on the right are controlled by the right board the the central section by central board and the left zone by the other and final board. My question to you then since you have rated my service as bad are you competent to change them over?

JACUSTOMER-ii3ehnry- :

I am waiting for your answer to my question,

Dales-Electronic :

What do you wish me to say, I have told you where the problem lies and asked you if you are happy with doing the repair?

Dales-Electronic :

If you don't feel comfortable doing this I can give you a list of engineers that will do it for you if you give me your postcode

JACUSTOMER-ii3ehnry- :

yes i am happy to do the repair if you can tell me what to do,my post code is ze2 9dd

Dales-Electronic :

OK let me give you the story first about DeDietrich and then you can make an educated decision as to what you want to do ~ the company has gone bust and is with the receivers. There are no spares other than those stocked before their bankruptcy and even during there production they altered power boards like there was no tomorrow. From what you have said the right side has a faulty power board whilst the centre has either a faulty hotplate (there is no way of testing these hotplates) or a faulty power board. In your situation I would initially just replace the right power board ~ give me a minute and I will get you the part number for it and be right back ~ in the meantime could you get me the serial number and full model number as there are two versions the DTI749V1 and DTI749V2 this will then direct me to the correct power board and supplier ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-ii3ehnry- :

hi ian the model number DT1749V3 type LB9ZEG1 JREDDD111 Nr09-45-00463 hope these numbers help hubert

Dales-Electronic :

OK thank you will get the details now ~

Dales-Electronic :

Just waiting for the supplier to come back to me with details might be afew minutes

Dales-Electronic :

OK this is the way that I would do it, get in the right hand power board part number AS0021115 and the hotplate sensor for the large hotplate part number 72X5997 and change these first, the part numbers for the Centre Power board is AS0005013 and the large hotplate itself is 72X1391. Im trying to save you money here by doing it in logical stages rather than just throwing parts at the problem ~ Would you now kindly rerate my service using the smiley faces below, this will allow you to come back and ask further questions once you have got the parts ~ Have a good day ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-ii3ehnry- :

could you tell me where i could get those parts, thanks hubert.

Dales-Electronic :

You can get them from a company called Qualtex on 01795 596750 this is there trade number but if needed they will transfer you across to there retail site, All the parts were in stock so moments ago ~ would you kindly re~rate my service to you by using the smiley faces below, this allows me to close down the job but once done you can come back to me with further questions if needed. Ian

Experience: I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi ian cant find the numbers you gave me on aney of the boards on the hob.hubert

Sorry Hubert, who cant find the numbers? are you saying they are not being displayed or that Qualtex cant find them?