Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a Dimplex Optimyst fire 1 year old last night would

I have a Dimplex Optimyst fire 1 year old last night would not work realised 1 bulb was not working replaced it this morning when I switch on all seems fine then after 30 secs fire switches itself off any suggestions why? Thanks
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Have you got the model number and serial number of the fire please ~ Ian

Customer: Dimplex
Customer: model noCAS400HLL
Dales-Electronic :

Dimplex is the manufacturer there are a number of different Optimyst models could you be specific please as they all are slightly different.

Customer: series D/SN13002302813
Customer: Chesneys Optimystt electric fire
Dales-Electronic :

Model number or name for instance Burgate

Dales-Electronic :

Sorry we overlapped there ~ will come back to you in a mo

Dales-Electronic :

OK I have the information for you when you are ready with a pen and paper

Customer: I have taken sump ecc out of fire basket and just switched on lights they all light up but cut out in 25secs ??
Customer: Have pen and paper
Dales-Electronic :

OK the problem you have got is when the bulb blew it damaged the lamp holder inside, if you order a new lamp holder part number is ***** this will rectify your problem,. You can get the holder from any independent electrical company that deals with Dimplex or perhaps on the internet now that I have given you the part, I work for Glen Dimplex on the appliance side but my college in the heating and fire side has just advised that this is a common problem with the Optimyst range of fires. Would you now kindly rate my service using the smiley faces below. This allows me to shut the job down but you can then ask further questions at no extra cost to you. Have a great afternoon ~ Ian

Customer: THANKYOU Ian I will and although it's not what I was hoping very happy with your service have good w/e