Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

My new AEG perfect iron steam

Customer Question

My new AEG perfect iron steam light is orange.

I've only just got it out of the box. The iron heats up but it takes quite a while for steam to come through and the green light is always orange not green.

Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Would you kindly let me have the model number and product code so that I can look the details ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-suny9p48- :

AEG Perfect DBS 2300-U/2300 W

JACUSTOMER-suny9p48- :

Dales-Electronic :

OK so let me get this clear in my mind - looking at the back of the boiler/tank assy you have a Orange indicator to the left which advises when the power is switch on, the the on/off switch (central) and then a green light on the right that is to indicate when the steam function is being used. Are you saying that the green light is showing a orange light (considering that the indicator inside is by its nature is orange in colour) but has a green lens over it. Or that rather than being green it is showing orange?

JACUSTOMER-suny9p48- :

When off the indicator steam function is green but when on - it is only ever showing orange. There were no instructions in the box so struggling to find out what it means. There is water in the iron.

JACUSTOMER-suny9p48- :

The light is dim while it is heating up but then gets a brighter orange.

Dales-Electronic :

Ah got You, can you leave this with me, Ive just been looking on the AEG website but it looks like there is no supplied manual for it, I have done a technical enquiry to them asking for more information and will come back to you as soon as they respond ~ Ian (with it being such a new model there is little technical information available) ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-suny9p48- :

Dales-Electronic :

OK I am going to send you a link which will take you to the manual for it ~ http://www.aeg.co.uk/Support/Manuals/ you will see on this page the manual for the DBS2300 which you can download and peruse at your leisure, kindly now rate my service to you by selecting one of the smiley faces below, this allows me to close down this call whilst allowing you to come back with further questions free of charge later if you have further queries. Thanks ~ Ian

Hope you managed to get the manual OK, come back to me if you cant get it download and I will send it across via email. If you have any further questions ask away I am here to help and thanks for the rating ~ have a great weekend ~ Ian