Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

The bracket holding the top heating has come away and it wont screw back in. The model is

The bracket holding the top heating has come away and it wont screw back in. The model is a neff built in oven b1451
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

OK are you talking about the top grill and oven element?

Customer:

Yes its the top heating element

Dales-Electronic :

OK give me a second and I'll look at the type of fitting and be right back

Dales-Electronic :

OK just so I know what we are doing, you have a screw that passes through a hole in the element structure and then screws into the top of the oven cavity, has the clip come off the element or does the screw not tighten in the cavity top? ~ Ian

Customer:

Sorry about delay the clip has come off and screw wont tighten

Dales-Electronic :

OK how handy are you with an electric drill ?

Customer:

Not too bad!!!

Dales-Electronic :

OK we get this quite a lot its usually either the clip or the screw that causes the problem, You have two options, either get a new element and with brute force and ignorance get the screw out OR do this, drill a small hole behind where the original screw/clip was fixed but as close to the cross bar as you can get,, take as large a flat washer as you can find and with a suitable sized self tapping screw use the washer to clamp the cross bar in place. What you have done is just moved your new clamp from the front of the element to the back ~ have you understood me so far?

Dales-Electronic :

Cost of a new element by the was is £74.02p

Customer:

Ok but there feels nothing for the screw to fix into

Dales-Electronic :

Give me your phone number with a # ***** front and I will call and explain ~ Ian

Customer:

#07850568950

Dales-Electronic :

OK now that I have explained how to carry out this task would you kindly rate my service using the smiley faces below, come back to me at any time you need further help. Take care and have a fun afternoon !! ~ Ian

Dales-Electronic :

Have you managed to sort out the clip problem, if so would you kindly rate my service to allow me to close down this request, once done you can continue to ask further questions if required ~ Thanks - Ian

Dales-Electronic :

Hello ~ would you now kindly rate my service to you. I cant close the job down until you do so. Thanks ~ Ian

Dales-Electronic :

Service rating please?

Customer:

Excellent service would recommend every time