Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

i have a siemens iq100 dishwasher. it has error code 04. can you advise me of the fault?

Customer Question

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.
Do you hear a pump running?
If so, what happens when you open the door?
Are you able to pull the machine out from under the worktop?
.Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

machine appears to have finished a cycle with no problems. Should i run a cycle again?

The appliance is intergrated so it would require some work to remove it

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi Dean

If it seems ok, leaveit alone and see how it goes.
If it does it again, check the things I asked above, and come back to me on this post.
I will then give some directions as to what I think it is.
You wont need to take it out

In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my responses so far? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
This will not close your question and you can still come back to me if you need more help
Rob

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I would be more inclined to leave a smiley face if you told me what the fault code meant as well as just telling me it will be ok.

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi Dean

I didnt actually say it would be ok
I said, lets see how it goes and then come back to me.

The problem , I think, is that water has got into the base of the machine. Thats why I asked if we could pull it out.

However, I cant be 100% sure right now as we dont know the answers to my previous questions, as the machine has righted itself.

However, if it does fail again, this question will still be here, after rating, so you can still come back and tell me the answers to the above questions, which will confirm my suspicions.
We can then take it from there

Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thank you. i will monitor for water leaks and then get back to you either with a further report or feedback.

thanks

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi Dean

OK

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

tried another cycle. The machine stopped halfway through again with Error 04 code.

At present the pump is not running and when the door is opened nothing happens.

Should i start the machine again and when the cycle is running, open the door to see if the pump is running?

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.

Hi Dean

The 04 code is a definate flood fault.
Im a bit confused about what you mean when you say "when the door is opened nothing happens." The drain pump is the only thing that may run when the door is open.

There are two seperate pumps here, ones the drain pump, the other the ciculation pump, so I am not sure which it is that you now want to check

Rob

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

To be more clear then. If i start a cycle, the machine will stop a way through displaying an error 04. When the machine stops, if i open the door, there is no sound of a pump running.

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
OK
So, when it stops and shows the E04 is it full of water or what is it doing?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No, when it stops is after the first wet cycle. There is no water in the bottom of the machine but the contents are wet and the detergent has fired into the machine.

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi Dean

Ok

The error message is not really tying in with the symptoms you are describing, so this may in fact be a board fault, misreporting the error code
However, lets try and see if we can reset it from flood mode

It sounds like the machine may have water in the base, where the pumps are.

This sets the flood guard and the discharge pump will run continuously in an effort to protect the electrics in the base.
Turn off the electric.
Remove the lower kick panel below the main door

Look in there with a tirch

It should be dry

If you see any water in there, dry it out carefully

The machine should now be reset.
If this re occurs you have a leak and will need to find it and rectify it .

Let me know what you find