Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Hi, I have a Miele fridge freezer and the float under the ice

Hi, I have a Miele fridge freezer and the float under the ice maker tray has dropped down and bent as the drawer has been pulled out. Also the polystyrene part is missing. Is there anything I can do or do I have to call out Miele?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Can you give me the model number and serial number of this product. Thank You ~ Ian

Customer:

Hi Ian

Dales-Electronic :

Good morning, if you could give me the model number I can have a look at the diagrams and see what we can do here ~ Ian

Customer:

I don't know which one is which but I have; KFN 9755 iDE and next to that says 34/89685421. Is this what you need?

Dales-Electronic :

Yes that should do ~ hold on please

Dales-Electronic :

If you straighten the tray out can you get it to work?

Customer:

Yes. If I reposition the little plastic float arm it will drop the ice. However when you go to open the drawer it gets caught up and bends up.

Dales-Electronic :

OK well the ice maker is a complete unit to replace with a cost of £370 srp, but from the model number you have given me it may be a Liebherr produced one for Miele. I have an account with Liebherr so will see if I can get the Liebherr one any cheaper. If you can leave it until tomorrow, I can find out for you when Liebherr UK are back to work. In the meantime can you rate my service to you (using the smiley faces below) to allow me to close down the job, once this is done you can ask further questions free of charge. I think this is well within the scope of a diy repair ~ Ian

Customer:

Great. Will an email come up when you try to contact me?

Dales-Electronic :

if you send me your email using (at) in place of @ I will email you once Im here, but as I said, once you have rated my service you can log back in on here and the call will be routed to me at no extra cost to you ~ Ian