Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

my fridge freezer Samsung RS20CCMS5/XEU. The fridge stops

my fridge freezer Samsung RS20CCMS5/XEU. The fridge stops workingh after 4-6 weeks, and will start to work after it has been off with doors open for 24 hours, then after 4-6 weeks the fridge temp light starts to flash and the fridge warms up, the freezer seems ok but has to be switched off with the fridge. both on same switch

Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

OK I am going to ask you to carry out a self diagnostic check on this appliance are you close to it?

Customer:

Yes

Customer:

Hi Ian, I did not realise you would respond so quickly, or it was live. I am in and out of my home today, ?

Dales-Electronic :

sorry just putting the dinner in ~ can you see the display and how the temperature numbers are made up of a series of vertical and horizontal lines that form the number?

Dales-Electronic :

OK well the diagnostics take just a few minutes, then if you want to do the repair that will take a little longer ~ Ian

Customer:

Yes Frezer is on 17 the fridge on 5 with 5 bars lit

Dales-Electronic :

OK if you press the two top buttons in the display, power cool and fridge temperature and hold them for a while the display should flash for a short while and then go blank, tell me what shows up once the display has gone blank ?

Customer:

Pressed fridge power cool and temp, all lights went out then came back on as they were

Dales-Electronic :

Did you hold it in until the display went blank before letting go of the buttons?

Customer:

Yes. The fridge temp button is at the top of the display and the power cool is at the bottom?. I am going out for an hour, regards John

Dales-Electronic :

OK john come back to me when you are home

Customer:

Hi Ian i am Back

Dales-Electronic :

OK press the two top buttons, hold in as before, flashing lights then blank tell me what you now see ?

Customer:

do you meen the two top buttons as one is the freezer

Dales-Electronic :

Tell you what, send me your telephone number putting a # ***** the number and I will call you and talk you through this, save us both time as its quite complex if you don't follow the instructions correctly or understand the results ~ Ian

Customer:

#01515201032

Dales-Electronic :

Thank You for the rating