George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

gas cooker c60gcis oven spark going all the time what the

Customer Question

gas cooker c60gcis oven spark going all the time what the problem
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is George.. Can you tell me, is the spark just in the oven

JACUSTOMER-7l5yy85p- :

yes all the rest ok

George-Allsorts :

Then the issue will be one of two things... either, water has entered the 'spark generator' and is causing a short, or, the 'spark generator' has become defective...

How long has this been happening?

JACUSTOMER-7l5yy85p- :

all the rest works ok

George-Allsorts :

Yours has a reignition module... please ensure that there is no moisure near it..as this will also cause the problem C00252743

George-Allsorts :

The reignition module tries ro re-ignite the oven when it thinks that the flame has gone out... Have you recently been cleaning the oven?

JACUSTOMER-7l5yy85p- :

no what is giving the info to reignition module to stop

George-Allsorts :

Im just having a look at the diagrams for your cooker... One moment please

JACUSTOMER-7l5yy85p- :

is it possible to get this diagram for my cooker? You can email to me ?

George-Allsorts :

If the knob is stuck in then the switch will stay on and that will cause permanent sparking...

If this is not the case then the switch itself needs to be checked. The Ignition switch is behind the main oven knob which is part number C00193862...

If the switch is ok then you need to check/replace the re-ignition module

George-Allsorts :

One moment, I will try get the diagram off the system

George-Allsorts :

I can get the diagrams/images for parts.. However, there is no exploded diagram for build on the system...

JACUSTOMER-7l5yy85p- :

how the switch works?

George-Allsorts :

The switch works when you press and turn the knob on the valve... As you turn the knob the switch makes a contact between two wires to complete continuity and effectively powering the re-ignition module

George-Allsorts :

If you take the time to rate my assistance I will contact cannon tomorrow for you and try to obtain a build diagram and wiring diagram

George-Allsorts :

Rating my assistance: Once rated, I will stick with you for as long as I can on this problem I will be here if you need me at no additional cost and you can get in touch with me anytime by simply replying to this message

George-Allsorts :

It will initially close the chat but you can reopen it whenever you need to to request more informatiion

JACUSTOMER-7l5yy85p- :

ok will wait till tomorrow but what about the light which stays on too

George-Allsorts :

About what light that stays on... you have not mentioned this until now

George-Allsorts :

Hello??? What light?

George-Allsorts :

Diagrams ordered for you and will arrive sometime today

George-Allsorts :

I have now received the diagrams and manual

JACUSTOMER-7l5yy85p- :

It was the light in the oven

JACUSTOMER-7l5yy85p- :

I think it will be the reignition module brocken but can you email me this

JACUSTOMER-7l5yy85p- :

Diagrams

George-Allsorts :

I can do this.. you will need to accept an 'Additional Service' request... I will sent you one now...

George-Allsorts :

sent

George-Allsorts :

The only other way is for you to rate my service .. once you have done so I can send the files

George-Allsorts :

-----------------------------------------------
If you rate my service, I can then send you a link to the files free of charge.. This will not cost you any extra money