George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Hi, my zanussi whaling drier reads F18. I assume us a fault.

How do I repair it?
Please email or call me *****@******.*** tel ***********
Carmen
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello Carmen, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting responses as I'm not constantly available.

Can you provide me with the product number from the sticker inside the door

George-Allsorts :

Your details are starred out so I cannot do as you request and call you

Customer: First of all it is not a zanussi. Iwas ,is taken it is actually a BOSCH washing drier. WVD 24520GB/01
George-Allsorts :

OK.. let me see if I can assist... Please wait a moment

Customer: I meant to say mistaken. The washing dryer is a Bosch
George-Allsorts :

At what point is the appliance coming up with F18... Are you washing or drying at that time?

George-Allsorts :

Is the washer washing ok?

Customer: I was drying earlier on and suddenly appeared the F18. Then I stop the machine. Later on I was washing and nearly at the end appeared again the F18. So the fault appeared in both occasions.
George-Allsorts :

OK thank you for that... Are you able to do any work on the appliance yourself?

Customer: I don't know what do you mean by "if I am able to do any work" the machine seems to be working, but something most be wrong if at some stage of the program comes up the F18 and stops.
George-Allsorts :

If I am to instruct you to do something inside the washing machine are you able to do it and do you have the necessary tools to do it?

George-Allsorts :

Or do you need to find an engineer to call out?

Customer: No tools. I am useless. But you can try to type the instructions and tomorrow morning I will ask the concierge to do it for me.
George-Allsorts :

OK.. I can do that ...

What I need the concierge to do is to remove the lid of the appliance and look for the pressure switch at the side.. it will have a thin tube on it.. he/she will need to remove the tube and blow down it.. If it is clear, then replace the tube and he/she will need to electrically test the appliance input valves...

Do you think that the concierge is capable of that, or do you wish me to give you some contacts of appliance technicians local to you?

Customer: Are you still there?
George-Allsorts :

yes

George-Allsorts :

I will repeat it just in-case you didn't receive it

Customer: So sorry. Did not see the answers.
Customer: So sorry. Did not see the answers until now. I took note of yor advise. But it would be great if you could give me local contacts just in case.
George-Allsorts :

Can you provide me with your postcode and I shall do that for you

Customer: Yes sure CR0 1JH
George-Allsorts :

One moment and I shall get you a couple of contacts

Customer: Thanks
George-Allsorts :

Here are a few that are recommended by us:

Serac Engineering
Croydon
Phone: 0844(###) ###-####br/>___________________________________

Astrid Technologies LTD.
London
Phone:(###) ###-####8300
___________________________________

Property Appliance Service Ltd
Hichley Wood
Phone: 0208(###) ###-####
Mobile: 07956632211
___________________________________

Norton Engineers
Croydon
Phone: 07952109224
Mobile: 07506433182

Please now take a moment to rate my assistance.. Please use the smiley faces to do this.

Customer: Ok. Thanks for your help
George-Allsorts :

You aRE VERY WELCOME

Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair