George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

we have a neff six ring gas hob.three of the rings no longer

Customer Question

we have a neff six ring gas hob.three of the rings no longer work.can you help.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting responses, I'm not constantly available.

George-Allsorts :

Can you tell me the full E Nr of the appliance please

JACUSTOMER-h7hrbiqp- :

what happens now i need to get this problem sorted

George-Allsorts :

JACUSTOMER-h7hrbiqp- :

i dont think i can get that without removing the hob.there is no number visible

George-Allsorts :

What is the problem with the three that do not work..?

JACUSTOMER-h7hrbiqp- :

they will only light with a match or lighter

George-Allsorts :

Once lit with the alternative flame, will the then stay working?

JACUSTOMER-h7hrbiqp- :

yes

George-Allsorts :

ok.. when you attempt to light a ring.. do you do so by pressing the knb and the ring automatically sparks, or, do you press the knob and press an ignition button?

JACUSTOMER-h7hrbiqp- :

normally when you press and turb the knob it sparks and lights immediately

George-Allsorts :

Did they all stop working at once or was itone by one

JACUSTOMER-h7hrbiqp- :

three went more or less at the same time

George-Allsorts :

Have you been cleaning the hob?

JACUSTOMER-h7hrbiqp- :

yes ,but as you know its nearly impossible to get at the finer points unde the rings

George-Allsorts :

OK, I am going to suggest an action before you get an appliance technician to sort the problem...

JACUSTOMER-h7hrbiqp- :

ok

George-Allsorts :

What I want you to do is to get a hair dryer and use it on the three valves that don't ignight... If you can, remove the knob first

JACUSTOMER-h7hrbiqp- :

is it easy and safe to remove the switchknobs

George-Allsorts :

Ok, this is likely to be a failure in the switch at the valve end.. alternatively, the ignition generator... If it is water ingress in the switch, drying the swich with a hair dryer will normally sort the problem .. however, if it is the spark generator then it is likely you will need a technician... Since all three went at the same time and you had been cleaning, it is likely to be the first

JACUSTOMER-h7hrbiqp- :

ok what cost and how soon can i get it done

George-Allsorts :

Usually, just gently pull in an outwards motion away from the valve

George-Allsorts :

Iw ould try the hair dryer first.. that is no cost

JACUSTOMER-h7hrbiqp- :

sorry george i have to go to finish family breakfast.i will get back to you later.how do i get you

George-Allsorts :

You could rate my help to you so far, which would lock you in... this way you just use the same link

George-Allsorts :

ill bring you straight to meIt will end the current chat, but when you return, just use the same link and that w

Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair