George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

My hotpoint washing machine WF541is not working all of the

Customer Question

My hotpoint washing machine WF541is not working all of the indicator lights on the front panel are flashing constantly even when I turn it off and unplug it! what should I do?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am sorry to hear that. Can you tell me which lights are flashing and if they all flash at the same time or alternately?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

all of the lights are flashing all at the same time door lights programme lights all of them

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thank you this is an indication that the main control board has failed.
If you are handy and have a few basic hand tools you can replace that with my help and save some money.
It still would be quicker and cheaper if you have the board, even if you have a tech install it for you;-)
The best place to get that main control board would be Espares: phone: 0844 9777 888.
Or you simply have a tech replace that for you.
I will stick with you until this is fixed, please don’t forget to rate my service to you before you close this page. I will be available to you at no additional cost , you can then get in touch with me anytime by simply replying to this message.
Thank you and have a great day.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I just paid £20 for you to tell me I need a technician to fix the machine I already knew that not very impressed!

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, no I said I can help you replace that board which would save you quite a bit in labor. Its not very difficult and there is no soldering involved either. Only plugs that only fit where they belong on the board.;-)
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** do apologise that you feel have been given information that is not to your liking... Let me try to assist you...

Looking at the rear of the appliance and to the left hand side, behind the back panel is a circuit-board that we shall call the Main PCB.. On that Main PCB are a number of capacitors that have failed, and what you are seeing is the result of that failure...

I advise that you send the Main PCB to be repaired at a cost far less than the cost of a replacement pre-programmed Main PCB

I can advise you of the details of a company who can do this for you and whom you can call to ascertain the cost of the repair.. would you like me to do this?

I can also supply you with a link to an Engineer Search facility if this is the way you wish to go... would you like me to do this?

Do you need further assistance with your problem?

If not, can I request that you kindly rate the assistance given in order for the question to be closed.. You can do this by clicking on the smiley faces that you see..
If you are purely looking for a local engineer to solve the problem then try this link to the Find An Engineer search facility