Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

My new Toshiba accepts and plays purchased DVDs but will not

My new Toshiba accepts and plays purchased DVDs but will not accept DVD+RW that I have recorded and initialized using an LG recorder. How can I 'encourage' my brilliant new TV to play them?
david
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I am sorry to hear about that. You are in a pickle here because, and this is a common issue is that the DVDs you recorded on the LG are slightly off skew and wont play;-(
It also happens with VCR tapes as well.
The only other thing you could try is exchanging the new unit for another one that may be set slightly different in reference to the laser. That may work but its rally the only thing you can do or you can try a different brand DVD player is all.
I wish I had better news for you I really do.
Tech Michael