Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Heating and hot water heating appliances experienced
77408428

Have recently had a worcester greenstar 12ri regular boiler

Have recently had a worcester greenstar 12ri regular boiler installed replacing quite an old boiler. the water is not hot as before. and the amount of hot water is less.
There is a timer for when it comes on but if we override this to continuous : no change.
Waiting for my engineer to come back from holiday ( a fornight) so trying to get a heads up on this as the weather is getting colder ...
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 2 years ago.
Plumberpro :

Hi , just reading through your notes

Plumberpro :

Hi did you have a new cylinder thermostat fitted?

Customer:

No ... does that make such a difference ?

Customer:

What make/number would you recommend

Plumberpro :

Yes a hot water cylinder stat regulates how hot your hot water gets. But if you haven't got one , then it is not your problem at present. Is the boiler thermostat turned up high?

Customer:

50

Plumberpro :

Ok that's too low .in winter you need the water temp at 80 . but if you don't have a hotvwater cylinder stat then the highestvyou can put it is 65 degrees . above this you will form scale in the hot water tank

Customer:

Thanks .... What I see on the cylinder is

Customer:

Honeywell l641 A1039 square box attached to cylinder ...showing temperature ranges . with a turnable indictator

Customer:

Do I assume this is the hotvwater cylinder stat that you mentioned ?

Plumberpro :

Yes that is the cylinder stat. Put the boiler stat at 80 , and set the cylinder stat at about 62 . one thing to note VI's tgatvit is the same stat used on all sizes of cylinder so if not hot enough or too hot adjust it until its right

Customer:

Thank you .. will try this out ... will let you know

Plumberpro :

Your welcome

Customer:

Worked .. Excellent service .. Thank you