Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

have installed a bosch classix 7 washing machine but forgot

have installed a bosch classix 7 washing machine but forgot to remove transport bolts for first run, all works ok until spin cycle starts then it clonks a bit till the spin has got going fast then its fine, what do you think needs replacing? easy fix or scrapheap?thanks, andi.
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

When it had the transit bolts in, did it go into the spin?
Was there a big load in it at the tme.?

What happens if you put the machine to spin with nothing in it?

How old is the machine?

Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi, not sure about first loads wasn't there at the time, but its brand new and with nothing in its fine all through the wash but if you put stuff in then the noises kick in at start of spin!

thanks

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.

This is a bit odd, as in theory all should be OK

When it does the spin, it should drain all the water first whilst slowly tumbling the clothes. It should then get slowly quicker and quicker. Is this what it does?

Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes and as it empties water all is still fine then the slow progression starts and still ok at first but as soon as it picks up speed a little then the clonking begins once its reached full speed clonking stops?

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
OK

Turn off the power and remove the lid
Look at the drum.
Underneath are the two suspension struts
Push down on the drum above these. You should have to push hard to get it to bottom out. From there let go. It should come up past the resting point, then go back to the resting point

Do both sides do this and both feel the same?

Does the weight on the top look ok and not loose?

Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok i'll give this a go, machine is not at my house so i'll do this tomorrow and get back to you!!

thanks, andi.

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi Andi

OK

Check it out, especially that it starts that spin slowly and gently accelerates to full speed as well

In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my responses so far? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
This will not close your question and you can still come back to me if you need more help
Rob