Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

We have new rsg5uumh fridge freezer. We have connected to water

Customer Question

We have new rsg5uumh fridge freezer. We have connected to water supply but unit will not dispense water. Water is getting into the system because when we checked the water filter we loosened it and water sprayed out. Hope you can help - thanks.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

OK have you held down the water lever in the freezer door for at least 4 minutes to allow the incoming water to force out the air in the pipes ?

JACUSTOMER-3xi5q7pz- : Will try
JACUSTOMER-3xi5q7pz- : Hi should we be able to hear a motor noise when we push onto the dispensing pad?
JACUSTOMER-3xi5q7pz- : Tried holding for 4 mins but nothing.
Dales-Electronic :

Yes this is the water inlet valve at the back letting the water into the chilled water system, once you have got rid of the air in the system you wont have to do it again. Once you have resolved the issue would you rate my service using the smiley faces below, once this is done you can ask any further questions on a free of charge basis. I will stay logged in until you are happy that the system is working ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-3xi5q7pz- : Sorry, at crossed purposes, there is no noise!
Dales-Electronic :

When you push onto the ice dispensing pad you should hear a motor whirring however as you have no ice inside (I assume?) this will be quiet ~ the water on the other hand should shoot out once the air is displaced. The two different functions (ice/chilled water) are controlled by different valves, the ice one is automated the water manual.

JACUSTOMER-3xi5q7pz- : No motor noise and despite manually requesting water by selecting the water function nothing is dispensed.
Dales-Electronic :

When you press the water function do you hear a buzz at the back?

JACUSTOMER-3xi5q7pz- : Nope
Dales-Electronic :

OK let me just have a look at the diagrams

JACUSTOMER-3xi5q7pz- : K
Dales-Electronic :

did the appliance get delivered with the door on or where they fitted by the delivery company ?

Dales-Electronic :

were they fitted

JACUSTOMER-3xi5q7pz- : I lifted the cover above the door to check the electrics. The black wire with white connector boxes was detached, re-connected and we now have a motor noise when the water dispenser is pressed but no water. Tried again for 4 minutes but still no water.
Dales-Electronic :

OK this is a little messy but bare with me, take of the bottom kick strip and you will see where the water supply is connected under the unit ~ when you have found the joint, get towels and come back on here

JACUSTOMER-3xi5q7pz- : We're sorted. Motor was working but no water, checked the supply valve and was in off position. Now working and water running perfectly. Thanks for your help Ian. What do I do to settle up.
Dales-Electronic :

All you have to do is use one of the smiley faces below ~ as long as you pick OK, good, or excellent I will get paid for my time. Glad you got sorted, its always something stupid with these, either the connectors haven't been refitted or the sealing caps not taken off but methodically following it through as you have rectified it. Well done ~ have a great evening and see you next time, if you rate my service now you can come back and ask further questions about this appliance at a later date free of charge. Many thanks for the question ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-3xi5q7pz- : Thanks mate, nice to get it done without punching it.
Dales-Electronic :

I always have a sledge hammer in my van for those special jobs ~ take care

Experience: I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.