George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I need an appliance (built in elec oven) that has a champhered

Customer Question

I need an appliance (built in elec oven) that has a champhered drop on the top of it to accomodate pipework for a gas hob which will be above. The model I have been advised will do this is a ZOF35517XA can you advise. Also my height max is 710mm this appliance is 715mm will it fit.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting responses, I'm not constantly available.

When you are describing 710mm, do you mean the inside box or the outside working face.. and why 710mm?

JACUSTOMER-6myyt8tw- :

710mm is outside box. engineer measured it at 710mm

George-Allsorts :

So your box size is 710mm?

JACUSTOMER-6myyt8tw- :

yes

George-Allsorts :

Ok.. and the 715mm on the new appliance... was that the box or the face height?

JACUSTOMER-6myyt8tw- :

not sure measurement on specification notes just stated h 715mm

George-Allsorts :

Ok, thank you for answering that....

Can you leave this with me and I'll come back to you this afternoon?

JACUSTOMER-6myyt8tw- :

yes thanks

George-Allsorts :

And just to be sure... you are actually meaning a double oven and not a single oven

JACUSTOMER-6myyt8tw- :

yes

George-Allsorts :

OK... chat to you later

George-Allsorts :

Hi, I am back... and with news that is unfortunate.. I have finally been able to discuss this with Electrolux, who own the Electrolux, AEG, and Zanussi brands, and they do not make a Double Ovens that is under 715mm throughout any of those brands...

I have had a look around and found this 710mm Double Built-in Ovens which you may find of interest

I appologise for the length of time taken, but I could not get through to the Electrolux Group as they are so busy.

George-Allsorts :

They did say that the ZOF35517XA is unsuitable for the height restriction you gave

George-Allsorts :

Do you need further assistance with your problem?

If not, can I request that you kindly rate the assistance given in order for the question to be closed.. You can do this by clicking on the smiley faces that you see..