Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

We have a Siemens fridge freezer, the model number inside the

Customer Question

We have a Siemens fridge freezer, the model number inside the fridge is K129M470IE/03 FD8403 000206.
Frozen items in the freezer compartment defrost then refreeze (the manual advises the temperature dial should be within the black line, our freezer dial shows in the "dashed" area - low temp).
The fridge compartment we have tried all settings 2 thru 8 degrees, however the fridge compartment remains approx. 14 deg (used a seperate temperature gauge). In addition the fan runs for 15 seconds, off for 5 seconds, and continues on this cycle.
Additional information - occasional pipe "rattling" from rear off unit.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 3 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Could you confirm for me which refrigerant is used in this appliance, it will be either R600a or R134a, this should be listed on the rating plate inside the fridge ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-u2027cgp- : R600a
Dales-Electronic :

OK can you get around the back of the appliance and put your hand on the motor (compressor) and tell me if it is hot to the touch rather than luke warm?

JACUSTOMER-u2027cgp- : Unable to get access as the unit is integrated, if answer is critical we could dismantle it, but will take a little time.
Dales-Electronic :

OK try this, its old school but might save you having to take it out, when the motor is running open the fridge door and tell me if you can hear a hissing as the gas is forced around the system, rather than a gurgle. Kindly not I am not looking for the normal hum that you get with the motor ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-u2027cgp- : No hissing, gurgling
JACUSTOMER-u2027cgp- : Just gurgling
Dales-Electronic :

OK, that is what I was expecting, you have a refrigeration system that has lost some of its gas and is unable to maintain the temperature you require. This is why changing the setting on the thermostats has no effect. You will sadly have to get a refrigeration engineer in to sort this out. Make sure he can do system work. If you need someone in you area post me your postcode and I'll find a reliable company for you ~ it will save you money if you are able to remove the appliance from the cabinet as most companies charge an extra charge for this. If you could now rate my service/advice to you and if needed ping me your postcode I will sort you out with an engineer local to you. You can rate my service by selecting one of the smiley faces below, once rated you can ask further questions at no extra charge to you. ~ Ian

Dales-Electronic :

Can I be of further service to you?

Dales-Electronic :

Would you now kindly rate my advice to you so that I can close this job down - thanks

JACUSTOMER-u2027cgp- : Thank you. We are in Portugal , the algarve, our postcode is Quarteira 8125 . Can you still help?
Dales-Electronic :

Strangely I might just be able to as I am a member of a UK trade association that has a number of its members located in Portugal ~ if you can leave it until tomorrow I will have a look at our members list and see if we have one near to you. In the meantime can you rate my advice to you so that I can close down this job. I will be back on here after 6pm tomorrow UK time and will hopefully have an answer for you ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-u2027cgp- : Thank you, ***** ***** in Vilamoura, postcode Quarteira 8125 if you can help that would be great.
Dales-Electronic :

OK leave it with me ~ talk to you tomorrow ~ Ian