Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

hi, I have a baumatic bdw 45.1 with error e1. water supply

Customer Question

hi, I have a baumatic bdw 45.1 with error e1. water supply is ok, sounds like it fills, then there is a huming noise before it goes into error. any tips?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

OK when you switch the appliance on, you then select a program and start the appliance, water then goes in and then e1 appears ~ can you confirm that you actually have water inside the machine when you get the e1 code please?

Dales-Electronic :

OK I have to go out for a couple of hours, I will return to you question then, however in the meantime would you kindly respond to my last question. Thank You ~ Ian

Dales-Electronic :

OK I am back if you want to continue with our conversation

Dales-Electronic :

If find it incredulous that you have given me a poor service rating when in You have not answered the question that I asked You at 1340 do you want to continue this fault finding exercise or would you like me to close it down?

JACUSTOMER-g43zpak2- :

sorry, my daughter must have pressed that.

JACUSTOMER-g43zpak2- :

no there is no water in the machine when e1 occurs.

Dales-Electronic :

OK can you get the kick strip off (the plinth) and have a look and see if you have got any water in the base area, what makes you think there is water going in to the machine??

JACUSTOMER-g43zpak2- :

have checked already, no water in the base compartment. I have had the unit open, checked all wiring & connections seem ok. I have had the water in hose off and there is water going into the machine. my thoughts were inlet valve or pump at fault?? we are in a hard water area, the element also failed around a year ago, which i replaced

Dales-Electronic :

Have you checked the connectors on the back of the flood protection device screwed on the base plate?

JACUSTOMER-g43zpak2- :

yes

Dales-Electronic :

Not burned or the switch damaged?

Dales-Electronic :

Can you use a multimeter?

Dales-Electronic :

When you are talking about the base compartment are you talking about the sump or the base?

JACUSTOMER-g43zpak2- :

i have done a continuity test on the switch and it is ok

Dales-Electronic :

OK can you get the cables off the inlet valve?

JACUSTOMER-g43zpak2- :

by base compartment i mean the area under the base cover where the pump & element & flood protection switch is

JACUSTOMER-g43zpak2- :

i could do, but ive had to tidy it all away for diner now. what should I expect to find?

Dales-Electronic :

OK that fine just needed to clarify that, are you able to get the mains cables off the valve and connect the multimeter up to them on the ac voltage range?

Dales-Electronic :

You should be getting 220-240v ac at them after the humming you referred to earlier