Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Hi Dan, i have a Zanussi 1600 max spin easy iron zkg7165 wash

Customer Question

Hi Dan, i have a Zanussi 1600 max spin easy iron zkg7165 wash machine. I overloaded it and on ending cycle inside of drum was still half full of water. I ran the excess out via the exit valve at bottom front of machine. Now get an ERR message when trying to start a new cycle no matter which program I use. Please advise, Thanks Marc
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

JACUSTOMER-wmfexib4- :

Hi Dale, am on line.

Dales-Electronic :

OK I need you to give me the product code on this machine also known as the pnc number. There are two versions and each version has two different configurations. I also need you to confirm the error code which is usually listed as two letters and a number or and E followed by two numbers. Also before we start confirm that the pump is not blocked with fluff by removing the filter and checking for debris ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-wmfexib4- :

Ok, but have to leave for work. Can we pick this up at a later time; tomorrow?

JACUSTOMER-wmfexib4- :

How do I re-engage with you as such?

Dales-Electronic :

Yes that is fine, just log in and it will ping on here and be directed back to me, speak to you later, gives me time to get all the manuals together ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-wmfexib4- :

Hi Ian,

JACUSTOMER-wmfexib4- :

Hi Ian, I followed the user manual guide to try and rectify by cleaning pipes/connections/ making sure not tangled etc. Also poured 2 L of water into dispenser to replenish the water which I extracted from outflow valve at bottom.To no avail. The error message is Err ( not E10,20 or 40 as the guide states). Model no: is ZKG7165; Type: H(###) ###-#### ***** no is *********** serial no: 12900089. Thanks, Marc

Dales-Electronic :

Hi Marc ~ can you give me the product number again preceded by a # ***** system thinks you are trying to give me your telephone number and has blocked it out ~ Thanks ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-wmfexib4- :

# *********** /p>

Dales-Electronic :

Can you take out the gap between the # ***** the first number please

JACUSTOMER-wmfexib4- :

#91460404900

Dales-Electronic :

OK this is what the service manual tells me about Err ~ wrong choice of an option is displayed by "Err", when a
function not compatible with the chosen programme is selected.
The wrong selection is also signalled by an acoustic alarm ~ if this cannot be cleared then I will have to send you a copy of the service handbook and you will have to follow the test procedure which will take you to the faulty component ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-wmfexib4- :

Ian, leaving office now. Until Monday then, cheers

JACUSTOMER-wmfexib4- :

Struggling with this...function is 'start' and chosen program is one I always use. No acoustic alarm. sounds like i need an engineer. cheers

Dales-Electronic :

OK if you need me to link you to the manual let me know, in the meantime would you kindly rate my service so that I can close the job down on the system, you can then continue to ask further questions at no extra cost. Enjoy your weekend ~ Ian