Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a Hotpoint/Ariston Oven, bought new and installed 16

I have a Hotpoint/Ariston Oven, bought new and installed 16 months ago, we live in France, the oven was made in Italy Mod FH99PMIX/HA. Code o3672930300. S/N ********* Type F6P !!!!!!The interior bulb went off, so I looked in the handbook, which said I needed a 15watt E14 bulb. I purchased one, took glass out from oven, took out old bulb which was completely different to the one the handbook instructed me to buy which is a screw bulb it is not a Baynet cap bulb either. The closest I have found online to the old one is a hotpoint 25w Halogen lamp, but can't get one sent over from 4hotpoint.co.uk as they say it does not conform to Model/Code number. I have spent many hours here trying different electrical stores and outlets trying to buy a replacement with no success. The original store we purchased the oven from has closed down.
Please can you help, my wife has threatened to starve me if she can't see (without opening the oven door) what she is cooking in her oven.
Best wishes Barry Burnham.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

OK the model is Ariston ~ I have looked at all the lamp assemblies available here and they all use the same screw in bulb. How handy are you with a screwdriver? ~ Ian

Customer:

I think I'm OK. Depending what I have to do with it..!!!!!!!!!

Dales-Electronic :

Power off first, if you get around the back of it you will see where the lamp housing fits through the back of the inner oven cavity, it will either be connected with two wires in to the centre area and perhaps and outer earth link. You should also see push in retaining clips that hold it in place. If we can find out the diameter of the hole in the oven cavity I may be able to supply you with one that would normally be fitted to the UK equivalent ~ do you think you can do this?

Dales-Electronic :

an outer earth link # ***** typo

Dales-Electronic :

Alternatively, if I give you my email address you can send me a picture of the old bulb and I'll see if we can source one for you, is there any writing on the bulb at all?

Customer:

Hi Ian

Dales-Electronic :

Afternoon Barry

Customer:

Hi Ian The oven, is in a flatpack kitchen housing which means I have to pull the cooker out the front of the housing!! the lamp is situated on the right hand side of the cooker a third of the way towards the front of the fan assisted oven.

Dales-Electronic :

Understand this Barry ~ your issue is that this model is not available in the UK and generally its a keep off the grass situation when trying to source spares from another company as the manufacturer does not want to fall out with the in country spares distribution people. So we have two options, either change the housing complete together with its style of bulb or try and get a near equivalent to the original fit. The reason that 4hotpoint.co.uk will not help you is because they don't wish to fall out with the Indesit Group parts department. Secondly, it is not worth their while getting in to a bun fight over a bulb and the hassle sending and returning incorrect product might cause them. You might want to have help to get the oven out, but generally its only four screws holding it into it cabinet so as long as you have something to stand it on, ie a blanket covered table etc its not too difficult ~ Ian

Customer:

The oven is in a kitchen housing, so I would have to pull the cooker right out!!!! (0n my todd??) and the lamp housing is on the right hand side of the fan assisted oven a third of the way from the back??. I diid buy a slide in bulb which was obviously the wrong type, not heat prove, but it did light the oven and lasted three days, (silly question !! why cant the the halogen slide in bulb work)

Customer:

Hi again Ian. Your e-mail would be very helpful.

Dales-Electronic :

OK if you can give me details of the bulb I will see what I can do, likely the problem with the bulb is its not designed to be used in a high temperature environment, generally they are kept cold by the ambient temperature, obviously in an oven you cant get rid of the heat. Would you give me the serial number of this appliance as I will need both that and the model (which you have already give) to do a part number enquiry ~ Ian

Dales-Electronic :

dales.electronic(at)btopenworld.com

Customer:

thanks for your e-mail address. the serial number is ********* but as I thought I had bought the right bulb, I chucked the old one away. but it looks similar to the hotpoint 25w Halogen appliance there is a picture on their website, which to buy through www.4hotpoint.co.uk was £12.99 plus p&p ??? good luck and best wishes Barry Burnham

Dales-Electronic :

Could you let me have the serial number again, please put a # ***** front of it as the system thinks you are trying to give me a phone number ~ thanks ~ Ian

Dales-Electronic :

Just gone on to Amazon, if you put Osram Halopin 25w Oven bulb into the search it brings up the one you want ~ would you now rate my service by clicking the smiley faces below, this then allows you to ask further questions at any time later free of charge. Also noticed that the bulbs are used by many other oven manufacturers and are considerably cheaper than the £12.99 offering by Hotpoint ~ Hope that helps ~ Ian