George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Vaillant ecotec plus637 boiler. When system calls for heat

Customer Question

Vaillant ecotec plus637 boiler.
When system calls for heat boiler does not fire and shows fault code F 61. If I press the ignition button on the boiler it fires snd runs ok until the next occurance.
Any thoughts
Chris
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting any responses as I'm not constantly available.

d.61 Number of lock outs Number of unsuccessful ignitions in the last attempt

George-Allsorts :

Just looking at the service manual Chris... One moment please

George-Allsorts :

Ok chris... according to the service manual F.61 is informing you that you have a defective gas valve.. however a few things could cause this...

George-Allsorts :

Are you able to test things yourself?

JACUSTOMER-h4lvq92t- :

I have the msmua

George-Allsorts :

the what?

JACUSTOMER-h4lvq92t- :

I have the manual so I could see the information re defective gass valve. I am able to test but will now not be available until mid afternoon to do so.if you have any thoughts for a systematic fault finding check I would be gratefull athereise I could log back on latter.

George-Allsorts :

In that case I can fire you across the service manual as you'll need to test for the following

Short circuit/earth (ground) leak in cable harness to gas valves
Gas valve assembly defective (earth/ground leak from coils)
Electronic control system defective

George-Allsorts :

I will leave you a link to the manual here

In the meantime, can I ask you to take a moment to rate my assistance/responses so far? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Once rated, I will assist you further with the fault... The higher the rating the better for me.
This will initially close our chat but we can still re-open and continue our conversation

JACUSTOMER-h4lvq92t- :

Ihave the manuals so i have the above info so I am afraid the above is not a lot of use.

George-Allsorts :

You alreaady have the service manuals?

George-Allsorts :

In that case what is it that yourequire from me?

George-Allsorts :

Ok, come back t me later and I can walk you through testing the valve and the cable for earth leaks