George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

my dishwasher SE25M 275 GB136 does not start its cycle properly.

my dishwasher SE25M 275 GB136 does not start its cycle properly. The pump 'hisses' and spays out a tiny jet of water only - nothing else happens. The salt container is full of dirty water, but the filters are clean and the mains supply filter is clean and hose not kinked. what should I do?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting any responses as I'm not constantly available.

Can you confirm the ENr as the one you have given is not recognised... Can you also supply the FD

JACUSTOMER-x46yfu3u- :

the ENR number on the receipt (from 2006) is SE25M275GB136 and the FD number is ***** and it has a serial number of 000085

George-Allsorts :

Please go to the dishwasher and look on the top of the metal part of the door.. Etched into the metal part of the door are both the appliance ENr and the FD... can you check to see if they are the same as the ones on your receipt... if not, can you let me know what they are please

JACUSTOMER-x46yfu3u- :

ok, the '1' in GB136 is a badly written oblique (or forward slash) so the number on machine is SE25M275GB/36 the FD number is *****

George-Allsorts :

Thank you for that... that ENr is recognised by our system.. I can now go to look at the system content and build for your appliance

George-Allsorts :

When you say "the pump hisses and sprays out a tiny jet of water".. can you elaborate on that please...

How much water comes out and from where?

JACUSTOMER-x46yfu3u- :

thanks. the water suirts out from a small hole in the white plastic cover to the pump impellor. With that cover off (allen key job) the whirling blades just throw the water straight up. I think this old standing water rather than fresh, as the level in this sump remains the same. I have to leave now (grand daughter's Nativity play) but will pick this up when I get back in 2 or 3 hours. So please tell me what to do and I'll let you know what happened.

George-Allsorts :

ok

George-Allsorts :

Thanks for the info... chat to you later

George-Allsorts :

You are going to need to take off the right hand side of the appliance... Once off you will be able to see this object

Full Size Image

There is a pipe/hose going from the front of that to the pump... I need you to check that hose ... it could be filled with old fats etc.. this will prevent the water circulating and you will end up with the situation you have.

In the meantime, can I ask you to take a moment to rate my assistance/responses so far? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Once rated, I will assist you further with the fault... The more smiley faces the higher the rating and the better for me.
This will initially close our chat but we can still re-open and continue our conversation

Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok I'm back having generously (but prematurely) given you a high rating - and £20. The right side of the machine (viewed from the front) DOESN'T have this object. The left side seems to have various 'saddle; tanks full of pale green fluid. At the bottom of these is something which MAY resemble the unit in your picture, but even the 'full size' image is too small to tell, and is orientated differently. However no visible hoses appear to contain fat. Can I have MY MONEY BACK PLEASE?

Once you have undone the 3 screws down the front edge of the side panel inside the door, from the rear of the machine you need to remove the lid and the remaining screws holding the right side of the machine on...

Having located the part in the image (yes, orientated differently).. you need to go to the front edge of the item in the image to locate the hose plugged into it... That hose leads to the pump as described earlier... you need to clear that hose... If you cannot access the hose from the side as would be normal, then you need to remove the lower front of the dishwasher underneath the door to access it.

Once that is done, you then need to run the dishwasher at its hottest for a complete cycle using a proprietory descaling product to clear the waste from the system, and may need to also clear the rotors by dismounting them and rinsing them through backwards.

I cannot describe the process any clearer than that...

We do not deal with any monetary issues and certainly have not received your £20; we only deal with giving you advice regarding your issues... In this case I was awaiting your return to continue the process with you, bit by bit... However, if you still require a refund, then you will need to contact***@******.***
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

there was no blockage so I gave up. The machine still did not work so I reassembled the bits. During this process, while I was trying to refit the side panel (with machine tilted) it fell over with a crash ... and immediately started working!! We'll count this as a success!!