Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I just tried to put a wash on - in my Zanussi Aquacycle 1400

Customer Question

I just tried to put a wash on - in my Zanussi Aquacycle 1400 xc fle 1416W. The lights came on and I tried to adjust to get more spin but it wouldnt go above 700. Sothen I adjusted to get a super-rinse quick wash, andinadvertently pressed the switch off. When I tried to switch on again, it was dead.
I have managed to get the lid off, but can't see anything wrong inside. It is not the 13 amp fuse in the plug, and it is not the socket. Behind the on/off switch are two wires, one grey, one orange, which plug into a little metal receptacle, and behind that a block of 4 wires 3 grey one orange, in a similar receptacle. Separate from this are two black wires one connected to the 2-wire receptacle and one to the 4-wire one, then bothgo out through a little hole in the metal wall towards the on-off switch. What do I do next?
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I am sorry to hear that.
How old is your washer?
Also have you verified power is still live at that outlet?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes,power from outlet is ok and I checked the 13 amp fuse, also ok.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks,
How old is your washer?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michae;.I cant remember. Got it a year ago from someone who was getting a newer less noisy, and had to call someone out once before for same problem - he said it was very old, he coould tell from some number on it somewhere. On front it says FLE 1416W. but I think there's another nujmber somewhere.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** wanted to be sure it was over a year old for warranty purposes.
In this case you have a failed main control board(console).
Its easy to replace with just a few basic hand tools, I will assist you.
The best place to get that for cost and reliability is Espares.
Its best to call them for current pricing and in most cases they ship the same day you call;-)
Here is their phone #: 0844 9777 888
I will stick with you until this is fixed, please don’t forget to rate my service to you before you close this page. I will be available to you at no additional cost , you can then get in touch with me anytime by simply replying to this message.
Thank you and have a great day.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I found ano number on metal top f machine - NL1 L2 L3, and a succesion of numbers on the plastic bit to the right hand side, -

1320###-##-####80750 022C110A80B4301DF 022C10A80B 430 1DF and in very small and hard to read type - BWM210/2201/ 2301/2401/2501/2601/2701/2801. Am about to ring Espares re console control board as you recommend.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi all you should need is the washers model #.
Please keep me posted and rate kindly at this time, I will stick with you;-)
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I got onto Espares they didnt know what a main control board was and suggested an electronic mother board at cost of £159. This is far too much to spend on repairing a pretty old machine. I'm sure its just the wire that goes to the on-off button because when it did this before the man who came charged me £40, with no spare parts, which is why I'm trying to fix it myself now. Otherwise I'd rather stump up for a new one with a guarantee!

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I think the difference in what the part is called is due to US and UK differences lol.
But its the board with the controls on it. And unfortunately they don't sell parts for that only the complete module. But thats what you will need to repair this machine. I know its a fairly expensive part. But the part from Espares should be guaranteed. I use Espares often for my customers and they are almost always satisfied.
If there is anything else I can do for you please let me know.
Have a great weekend.
Tech Michael