Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Hello Daniel, I have a Hotpoint Aquarious WML540 WASHING MACINE

Hello Daniel, I have a Hotpoint Aquarious WML540 WASHING MACINE working fin 'til today. Now, whatever programme I choose the machine will not start. All the lights seem fine but when I press the start button I get a series of clicks from around the door lock area and the red light comes on. The door doesn't open for a while. Any ideas please al.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Good evening, there are four different versions of this appliance WML540 (UK built), WML540(outside UK built), WML540PUKRE & WML540GUK.C ~ can you give me the full details off the rating plate to allow me to further identify the product ~ Ian

Dales-Electronic :

OK I need you to carry out this test for me - put the appliance into a spin program and tell me what happens, I need to know if the drum is turning and if you can hear the pump pumping the water out?

Customer:

sorry, I am partially disabled and I struggle to move machine. I cannot see any plate under kickplate, door housing or machine casing

Customer:

spi

Customer:

spin cycle; same happens; just clicks and red lock light comes on

Dales-Electronic :

Does the pump start?

Customer:

nothing starts

Dales-Electronic :

Or can you hear a buzzing instead of the pump pumping?

Customer:

no

Dales-Electronic :

OK let me explain how the appliance works briefly and then you can follow what I am trying to do here ~ You set the program and press the start button, the door lock then energizes and shortly after the pump drains the stagnant water from the last wash for a short while, it then starts to fill. If the pump is not working or is blocked then the washing machine will not start. I need you to remove the front kickstrip and put towels down and remove the pump filter out of its housing and check that the impeller on the pump is free and that the filter is not blocked firstly ~ Ian

Customer:

The impeller seems to turn but a little stiff, the filter is clear

Dales-Electronic :

OK now switch it on put it on pump out and tell me if you can see the impeller going around or not?

Customer:

iput

Customer:

I put it in spin cycle but impeller did not go round; should it?

Dales-Electronic :

Yes it should, you need to get someone to check that you are getting 220/240 volts at the electrical input of the pump, if you are and the pump is not turning then you have a pump failure (very common) if however you have got no voltage at this point then the fault is elsewhere. Have you anyone who can do this for you or are you able to do this yourself?

Customer:

thanks for your help up to now' i'll be in touch, Al.

Dales-Electronic :

OK Al, if you could now rate my service to you using the smiley faces below, I can shut down the call off the system, you have a unique code so if you want to come back and ask any further information you can once the call is closed do so at no extra charge ~ have a good evening and speak to you soon ~ Ian