Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Hello. I have a new Siemens iQ700 American Fridge Freezer.

Hello. I have a new Siemens iQ700 American Fridge Freezer. On lifting out one of the FreshProtect boxes, one of the telescopic rails has come off. All runners and ball bearings appear intact, but do not slide on again easily. Do you know how I can fix it?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Good evening ~ could you give me the E Nr which is on the rating plate ~ thanks - Ian

Customer:

Hello Ian. The appliance model no. is KA62DS50GB/02. It is a Siemens American fridge freezer, with dedicated metal runners for 2 of the fresh food trays. One of these runners has simply fallen off on lifting the tray.

Dales-Electronic :

OK just looking at the diagrams will be right back

Customer:

Thank you....

Dales-Electronic :

OK you have broken the telescopic rail, it is available as a seperate part but as there is a number of different ones I need you just to confirm a couple of things, the protect is the very bottom box Yes?

Dales-Electronic :

From what I can see on the parts list there is a clip that stops the rail from coming off, have you still got that?

Customer:

The rail itself does not look broken, and all bearings are present. However, the runner has come off the fridge side rail, both of which appear intact. There is a black plastic clip at the front end of the fridge rail, which looks like its job is to stop the runner sliding off forwards.

Customer:

PS It's not the very bottom box, but the one just above that (they have the same mechanism).

Dales-Electronic :

OK the part numbers for the telescopic rails are Left hand 671999 and Right hand 672000 ~~ OK take your point, leave it with me until tomorrow and I will check our diagrams in the office and come back to you late morning ~ Ian

Customer:

I'm pretty sure I don't need a new part, as all parts appear intact. I'm trying to figure out if the rail can be clipped back into place without causing damage. Shall wait to hear back from you. Thanks.

Dales-Electronic :

OK I have checked this morning and looked at this three stage runner. Once you have the box off the top and the runner fully extended there is a screw at the rear that becomes visible, undo this section and you will either find another screw at the front and perhaps one in the middle visible thro the screw cutout in the runner or as was in my case the front is clipped into a retainer. In both these the telescopic units is a means of disassembly. The only other thing I can suggest, is that you take the other side off and try and work out how it goes back in or you will have to buy a new runner ~ Ian

Dales-Electronic :

'the telescopic unit has no means of disassembly'

Experience: I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.