George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

mY bEKO WASHING MACHINE DOOR WILL NOT OPEN?

Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting any responses as I'm not constantly available.

George-Allsorts :

Can you give me the full model number please

Customer:

Beko 6kg AA class 1400 rpm wma 642w the power lights all come on but nothing happens

George-Allsorts :

Is there any water in the appliance?

Customer:

Hi George,

George-Allsorts :

Hello... Is there any water in the appliance?

Customer:

am not sure, I am not there, the washing machine is in bungalow which is rented out to a very good tenant but a bit clueless like me. although I do not think there is any water in it. thanks

Customer:

No, I can confirm that there is no water in it, that's for definite.

George-Allsorts :

Ok,... Is the handle floppy, or is it normal

Customer:

will find out now. she says it switches on then does nothing at all. she says the door handle is plastic and you squeeze it in, I assume she means you press it in. will find out in a minute

Customer:

she says it is normal, it is inside the rim of the door, she has tried to turn it on again and the start/pause/cancel button just keeps flashing

George-Allsorts :

I understand what she means... I need to know if it has gone floppy or if is as normal to determine if the problem is with the door lock or the door handle

Customer:

she says it is normal

George-Allsorts :

Tell her not to keep trying it as it could do further damage... switch it off

Customer:

ok thanks, ***** ***** but what next, is this worth fixing or is it going to be a huge amount of hassle, it is just that where the bungalow is is a one and a half hour drive from where I live. it might not be worth trying to fix

George-Allsorts :

ok.. it is not a large job to open it... What area are you in may I ask?

Customer:

The area it's in is in Farnborough in Hampshire near Guildford. I am in London but the tenant is there in Farnborough

George-Allsorts :

too far for me then... so I will instruct you on how to do it so that you can print it off and take it with you

Customer:

That's great George, thank you very much for this, very much appreciated.

George-Allsorts :

Pull the machine out
Disconnect the power
Undo the screws at the rear of the lid and remove the lid
From the front of the appliance reach down the right side to the door lock
Feel for the Pecker poking through the door lock and push it toward the center of the door
The door will then open

Customer:

That's brilliant George, thank you for saving the day..so to speak!

Customer:

Goodnight!

George-Allsorts :

Once you have done this, you can remove the ring retaining the rubber seal in order to peal it back
Unscrew the door lock
Replace it and replace everything in reverase order

George-Allsorts :

Please remember to rate my assistance

Goodnight

Customer:

Have rated it, excellent service.

Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair