Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Hi. I have just replaced the heater coil on my main oven model

Customer Question

Hi. I have just replaced the heater coil on my main oven model zdf290xc and now the main light will not come on
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Firstly have you got the wires on the correct terminals ie you have not accidently put the earth tag on the neutral? If the connections are OK are you getting any heat at the element?

JACUSTOMER-vnqg5pqs- :

Hi. Swapped as the old element. No heat

JACUSTOMER-vnqg5pqs- :

And no light

JACUSTOMER-vnqg5pqs- :

Top oven is fine

Dales-Electronic :

OK first things first can you give me the product code or pnc as listed on the rating plate, ~~ whilst you are doing that can you confirm that the timer/programmer if fitted is set to manual and not on automatic?

JACUSTOMER-vnqg5pqs- :

Zdx290xc

JACUSTOMER-vnqg5pqs- :

zdf290xc

JACUSTOMER-vnqg5pqs- :

Sorry zdf290xc

Dales-Electronic :

No that is the model number not the product code just hang on and I will try to find it and then we can check, the problem with Zanussi is that they have a habit of putting three or more different innards in the same model or have three or four model with the same innards ~ give me a moment, the Zanussi website does not recognise that model number.

JACUSTOMER-vnqg5pqs- :

Ian. It's working. Top oven works fine when reset main power but once I reset the clock to correct time the main oven came on.

Dales-Electronic :

Fine what you had done is on switching the power off the clock automatically goes into auto mode, you then have to reset it on power up to get the main oven to work. Glad you got sorted, could you now kindly rate my information to you using the smiley faces below. You will then be allocated a unique reference and can subsequently come back to me for further advice free of charge. Enjoy your Sunday lunch ~~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-vnqg5pqs- :

Dales-Electronic :

Thanks for the rating have a great day and see you next time around ~ take care ~ Ian