Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

We have a one year old electric oven - gas hob - the electric

Customer Question

We have a one year old electric oven - gas hob - the electric start on the gas hob is ticking non stop - I have had to with off at the mains but now we have no oven ?? anything a layman such as me can do ?
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I am sorry to hear about that.
This is a short circuit in the ignition system. It is likely in a bad control knob. You can disconnect one a time and see when the clicking stops. But please use caution if you are attempting this and make sure power is off at the mains before trying it!
If you are unsure, I would have a technician fix this for you but its likely only going to be bad control switch, as they will sometimes short in this way;-)