Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a Beko dvg 695 mark2 with double oven, we have always

Customer Question

I have a Beko dvg 695 mark2 with double oven, we have always had a problem getting grill to stay alight someteimes it takes several attemps and can take 10 minutes to stay alight, the problem arises when you release the on/off button the grill goes out.
The other problem is that the igniter on grill appears to have come loose and has dropped down from housing and we have to push it back up before it will operate, is this an easy fix
Dave
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Michael :

good morning are you here?

Michael :

how old is your Beko grill?

Michael :

I havent seen a response from you so I will switch us to Q & A;-)

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Dave,
How old is your Oven?
Also how long after you let go of the button before the flame stops?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Michael sorry oven approx 3 years old, grill goes out immediately that button is released

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Dave information.
This problem is caused by a failed thermocouple. It is the part of the system responsible .
It will turn the gas off when it doesn't detect heat from the element.
In your case that part is defective. This really should be replaced by a gas tech reasons but if you are handy and have some basic hand tools you can do this;-)
If you want I will assist you at no additional cost.
If you are in the UK the best place to get the new replacement thermocouple grill is Espares Phone: 0844 9777 888.
I will stick with you until this is fixed, please don’t forget to rate my service to you before you close this page. I will be available to you at no additional cost , you can then get in touch with me anytime by simply replying to this message.
Thank you and have a great day Dave!
Tech Michael