Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491
Appliance

Hi, I have a Promax Combi HE Plus boiler, I have a low system

pressure warning code E119, the... Show More
pressure warning code E119, the instructuons on the front cover say, to reset the system pressure, by using the guide from the installer, I have no instructions for this, Boiler can you help?
Show Less
Michael, Customer Service
replied 2 years ago.
Their should be a filling loop somewhere close to the boiler, probably just below it.
If it is not already attached you will need to fit it to the connections provided, they will have a cap screwed on them.
Attach the loop both end then open both valves where it connects and you should see the pressure gauge rise.
Between 1 and 2 bar is all you need, do not put in too much.
You might need to reset the boiler and then it should work normally again.
Keep checking the pressure over the next few days, if it drops again then you have a leak and need to get it sorted.
I will stick with you until this is fixed, please don’t forget to rate my service to you before you close this page. I will be available to you at no additional cost , you can then get in touch with me anytime by simply replying to this message.
Thank you and have a great day !
Tech Michael
Michael, Customer Service replied 2 years ago.
Hi David also, depending on your model #,
normally the filling connections are fitted just under the boiler,there should be a valve tee'd off from the water main going into the boiler and another valve that is tee'd into the return from the heating circuit,the valves look like washing machine valves and there should also be a double check valve to prevent contamination to the water main,this does depend on how old the system is and who installed it,it is against the regs to leave the filling hose connected between the valves so remember to disconnect after you have repressurised the system.
Don't just turn on both valves fully,turn the mains water one on fully but just open the other valve slowly,there should be an indicator on the boiler gauge to tell you how much to pressurise it,normally 1.5 to 2 bar,if you find that youlose pressure within a day or two you've either got a leak, you've lost the charge in the expansion vessel or you've got water in your expansion vessel,you can check to see if it's got water in just by depressing the charging valve,this valve is the same as the valve in a car tyre,if there is water in there you will need a new vessel,if it has simply lost its charge you can re-charge the vessel using a run of the mill bicycle pump and connecting it to the afore mentioned valve ,if you want to check the pressure in the expansion vessel you need to do it before re-pressurising with water,you can buy a pressure gauge that is designed for testing the pressure in an expansion vessel,the pressure should be 1 bar but can vary between manufacturers,if you have no pressure just connect your bicycle pump to it and pump until you get to 1 bar,you might have to vent the rads afterwards and refill the system through the filling hose