George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

My Dinplex Montana electric fire will not work. The lights

Customer Question

My Dinplex Montana electric fire will not work. The lights come on but the fan doesn,t come on and so there is no heat coming from it. The thermostat knob clicks when you turn it as if it is about to work.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting any responses as I'm not constantly available.

George-Allsorts :

Have you made sure that the power switch is on?

George-Allsorts :

That is the middle of the three switches on the side of the appliance

George-Allsorts :

That is the side at the front behind the ash-pan

George-Allsorts :

Also make sure that the control next to the switches is turned to the desired temperature

George-Allsorts :

Once you have tried all of these, please let me know the then current situation

JACUSTOMER-mjijkct3- :

Yes I have tried all of that but still no heat. The flame effect lights are all on, but no fan and no heat.

George-Allsorts :

Then, can you wait until tomorrow until the office is open when at that time I can get the wiring diagram for the appliance to ascertain so indication of what may have transpired

George-Allsorts :

Can you also provide me with the serial number from the product please

George-Allsorts :

I now have the technical information that you require... please respond when next you are available... Once you have rated my assistance I can either supply you with the relative part number or arrange to have it supplied to you