Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

How to clean the grill in AEG Competence B4101 Oven?

Customer Question

Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Could you give me the product coded (also known as the pnc) which you will find on the rating plate it starts with 94418 there are about 15 different versions of this model ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-exoc5k6s- : ###-##-####/p>
Dales-Electronic :

Dales-Electronic :

OK as you are aware your oven has a self cleaning facility with catalytic panels on the sides so there is a fixed procedure for cleaning the main oven pieces (I will attach a link to the user manual covering this) however the grill area is another issue completely, and basically you hjav

JACUSTOMER-exoc5k6s- :

I have just done the self-cleaning, but for the grill there are no instructions in the manual and it is filthy!

Dales-Electronic :

basically you have two options, with the power off (cat panels and side fitting off) use an oven cleaner on the top area and wipe between the elements of the grill or alternatively slightly loosen off the grill mounting screws and the grill will tip forward which will allow you to get between the grill and the top. Care should be taken not to unscrew too far or the grill will drop out. Here at home we have the same problem and what I do is put the grill on high, open the door and let it burn off all the deposits itself. It one of those jobs where the designer has obviously never had to clean the grill area of his oven !!

JACUSTOMER-exoc5k6s- :

Grill mounting screws? are these the ones at the back, at the top? they seem to need a special tool rather than a screwdriver. These are also filthy and encased in black burned fat...

JACUSTOMER-exoc5k6s- :

Designers should be made to clean all parts before their design is let loose on the unsuspecting public!!!

JACUSTOMER-exoc5k6s- :

I'll try the burning technique.

Dales-Electronic :

Yes most likely, you will need a Torx15 or Torx20 to undo them, from memory there are two at the back and either one in the middle at the front or depending on version there can be two, just remove the front ones and then loosen the back ones and the grill will tip down. I applaud your decision, that the easiest and as mentioned the one I use. Would you now kindly rate my service to you, once this is done you can come back and ask for further information free of charge. Have a nice day and have that glass of wine. Ian

JACUSTOMER-exoc5k6s- :

Thank you so much for your help, I'll let you know how it goes.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Done it, it worked quite well. Thanks again

Well done and enjoy your Christmas Dinner ~ Ian