Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Hello. I have a Zanussi ZWF1621W washing machine, however

Customer Question

Hello.
I have a Zanussi ZWF1621W washing machine, however half way through the cycle it stopped, lights remained normal but when I try and restart the cycle it fills but when the drum normally starts turning it turns very quickly for about a second and then stops again.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

JACUSTOMER-lr1kfy43- :

No problems.

Dales-Electronic :

Could you let me have the product code or pnc listed on the rating sticker in the door way

Dales-Electronic :

OK can you empty the drum (if filled) and put it on a spin cycle and tell me what you see/hear please ?

JACUSTOMER-lr1kfy43- :

Product number ********* 03

JACUSTOMER-lr1kfy43- :

Type number P6949646

Dales-Electronic :

Could you put a # ***** in front of the pnc as the system thinks you are trying to send me a phone number ~ thanks

JACUSTOMER-lr1kfy43- :

On a spin cycle it drains but at the point the drum normally turns it attempts to spin for about a second.

Dales-Electronic :

OK how old is the appliance approximately?

JACUSTOMER-lr1kfy43- :

Product number #914521005/03. Type number #P6949646

JACUSTOMER-lr1kfy43- :

About 6 years with twice weekly use.

Dales-Electronic :

OK how handy are you will hand tools?

JACUSTOMER-lr1kfy43- :

Am good with tools, have fixed the machine before, just not sure of the problem this time.

Dales-Electronic :

OK you have one of two problems, if I explain how the machine works then you follow what we are trying to do ~ the control panel controls the total operation of the appliance but it relies on information fed to it be sensor etc to function. In this case we have a motor that is not spinning and being shut down. On the back of the motor is a coil that feeds information to allow the control to know what the motor is doing ie is it washing or spinning or not doing anything. I need you to get to the motor and in the first instance check that the coil is still stuck in its housing by a star clip and hasn't fallen out, then I need you to check the brushes whilst you are there ~ are you OK to do this, could you also advise if the water was hot when it stopped or cold?

JACUSTOMER-lr1kfy43- :

The water was hot when it stopped.

Dales-Electronic :

OK if you send me you email address but put (at) rather than @ I will send you the electronic test procedure that may throw up an error code that will allow us to find the fault electronically before we disassemble the machine ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-lr1kfy43- :

Many thanks.

JACUSTOMER-lr1kfy43- :

It's weald220374(at)yahoo.co.uk

Dales-Electronic :

OK you should have it now ~ Ian

Dales-Electronic :

how are we getting on?