KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

Hi - I have an AEG/Electrolux condenser - dryer (Type 59800).

Hi - I have an AEG/Electrolux condenser - dryer (Type 59800). It starts off for a minute or two and then shows 'error code E50, stps and bleeps!
It seems that this may be a motor/capacitor fault from various postings, but would welcome your opinion. Am fairly handy and have fitted a new drum bearing a year ago.
Hope to hear soon!
Regards,
Jeremy F
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

Hi, welcome to Just answer

Customer:

Please tell me its complete model number and how old is it ?

JACUSTOMER-8m1c9iop- :

Hi just crawled about and found the following! : AEG T59800 made in Germany. PNC *********** Serial No. 53702941. it is about 10 years old, and works very hard! Hope this helps.

Customer:

OK got it :) can you please post the PNC again... just prefix a # ***** that so that it appears

JACUSTOMER-8m1c9iop- :

OK - #91601213000

Customer:

OK, so basically it starts and the drum turns and then after a minute it will show the error code...can you please unplug it and then plug it back after 2-3 minutes..then turn it on and with the door closed press and hold the Start button and the button towards its left for few seconds and another code will appear... please let me know if you see any other code

JACUSTOMER-8m1c9iop- :

Hi there - yes, done that - pressed the 'start' and 'signal' buttons simultaneously. The drum started up as normal, as before, and the same E50 code came up. Just noticed though, that although the drum is turning and sounding as normal, there is another intermittent hum as if another motor down to the right of the main drum is straining to start and sounding jammed. This is when the error code comes up and the whole machine shuts down. Any help? Thanks for your attention so far!

Customer:

The hum that appears indicates that the motor is jammed...there are two motors in this model, one is the Fan motor responsible for running fans...you can unplug the unit and then take off the right and top panel, then plug it back again to check which motor is jammed...the cost of both motors is £150 each

JACUSTOMER-8m1c9iop- :

Thank you so much - I shall tackle the job tomorrow when feeling fresher, but it looks like this is the answer. In view of the age of this machine it is unlikely that I will be shelling out for a new motor. will just have to leave things to Father Christmas!

JACUSTOMER-8m1c9iop- :

Thank you again,

JACUSTOMER-8m1c9iop- :

Regards,

JACUSTOMER-8m1c9iop- :

Jeremy F

KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
Yes, if it is the motor then it is always better to buy a new one... If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Thank You.