Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have an Hotpoint Aquarius Dishwasher around 8 years old.

I have an Hotpoint Aquarius Dishwasher around 8 years old. It does not work but shows a fault code of YY in the led screen. It could also be 44 code, do you know what this might mean?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Could I have the model number please

Customer:

07875710049

Dales-Electronic :

The model number please

Customer:

sorry, where do i find this

Dales-Electronic :

It will start with letters followed by numbers

Customer:

DWFG31

Customer:

DWF 31

Dales-Electronic :

If you open the door it will either be on the left or right hand side on a label or perhaps across the top of the inner door (stainless steel part of the door for all three positions)

Dales-Electronic :

OK just checking the fault codes for you

Customer:

sorry but there is nothing on the inside of the doors

Dales-Electronic :

No the dwf is fine

Customer:

Am just popping to pick up children, will be 10 mins

Dales-Electronic :

OK I will be here

Customer:

back npw

Customer:

now

Dales-Electronic :

OK just give me a little bit more information about this appliance, have you been using it up until this point or has it been left unused, also can you get it out so that you can get around the back of it?

Customer:

it worked for me for two solid years and then just stopped about 2 months ago with the fault stated. You can get round the back but you have to pull the washing machine out too as they are together, Is there something on the back you want me to look for?

Dales-Electronic :

OK this is your conundrum, there are a number of things that can cause this, your circulating pump could have seized up through lack of use as could the drain pump ~ the 44 is not a fault code listed so that is no help, You may also have the base full of water which would stop the appliance running. Initially, I would pull it out, tip it back 45 degrees and see if any water comes out from the base area ~ have towels ready just in case. This is a Bosch built appliance and is worth repairing if the problem is something simple but its design make for a difficult unit to work on because it has a wrap around base. This means you have to take the top and sides off to get at anything, and if its a major fault you have to take the complete base off which is a nightmare. However if you have time to do it the dishwasher is a good quality product ~ Ian

Customer:

The base is empty as it pumped out ok. The code looks more like YY. It i tip it up and then see, should i turn it off at the plug first?

Dales-Electronic :

Sorry you misunderstand the base, I am not talking about the wash cavity and sump area I am talking about the base of the appliance that the legs fit into etc this is where any leaking water goes to. There is a switch in the base that stops the appliance running if it floods. Can you cancel the program and start a new program?

Dales-Electronic :

Yes turn the power off first, just back to 45 degrees will show you if theres water running out the back