KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

Neff W4380X1GB/01 washing machine - doesn't move on from washing

Customer Question

Neff W4380X1GB/01 washing machine - doesn't move on from washing cycle to rinse cycle or pump out, basically the timer goes down to 1 and doesn't go any further.
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

Hi, welcome to Just answer

Customer:

How old is it and after washing when you open the door is the water inside hot or cold ?

JACUSTOMER-n11iowae- :

Im not sure of the age of the machine as it was left with the property when i bought it as it was built into the kitchen.

JACUSTOMER-n11iowae- :

As for the temperature of the water this is fine, however inorder to get the machine to open the door i have to select the pumping function which selects 2 minutes on the timer, this pumps the water out of the drum, but gets stuck on 1 minute and wont allow me to open the door unless i drain some more water using the drain hose or open the pump drain at the bottom of the machine at the front.

Customer:

OK, have you already tried to clean the drain pump assembly ?

Customer:

I mean you have to pull the washer out and then clean the drain pump completely

JACUSTOMER-n11iowae- :

yes ive taken the drain pump totally out of the machine and cleaned it. It was not clogged up with anything.

Customer:

OK is it flashing any error codes ?

JACUSTOMER-n11iowae- :

no error codes

Customer:

sorry I mean do you see any flashing lights when it stops after washing cycle ?

JACUSTOMER-n11iowae- :

washing cycle light stays on and the screen shows 1 minute remaining, however nothing else happens; it doesnt move on to the rinsing cycle or spin cycle the machine drum simply spins in a normal washing manner.

Customer:

The problem is more likely with the pump then anything else as it is washing fine however, wont drain water so that rinse can start

Customer:

as you have already cleaned the drain pump and there is nothing stuck in there then replacing the drain pump is recommended repair