George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

dishwasher drains but won't start

dishwasher drains but won't start
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting any responses as I'm not constantly available.

George-Allsorts :

Please give full Make and Model of appliance pleae

Customer:

Hi George

Customer:

Make is De Dietrich VZ9996U1

Customer:

The power is on and I can set the cycle - however when I close the door, it drains and then doesn't start. If I open the door, the START button is off.

Customer:

I've not used the dishwasher in about a month and the warning lights were on for salt and rinsing product. I've since re-filled these areas and the warning lights are off

Customer:

I've also tried pouring in a large pan of tapwater as recommended by some sites. Again, the dishwasher drains but doesn't start

Customer:

Sorry, did you get all of the above? Or just the last line?

George-Allsorts :

Can you disconnect the appliance and tip it back to see if any water runs from the rear of the appliance at the base

Customer:

It's built into the cabinets so will take a while to do that. I don't suppose there are any other things to test before doing this? The fact that it drains might be a suggestion that water isn't leaking out of it though?

George-Allsorts :

If there is a leak into the base then this will trip the safety device therein and cause the pump to run immediately

George-Allsorts :

and constantly